Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XPNDR Operation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HowardChristian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: XPNDR Operation Reply with quote

* Re the FDS XPNDR Panel.. Can someone pls tell me are all of the 9 x Push Buttons & 3 x Rotary Sw' operational?

Should I be able to set the 4 digit Code on the FDS Panel & reflect that in P3D (V3.3.5) or does the Panel only Read what is set in P3D?

Since I had my panel for some years I have never had it working, the display would never work. However today I had another look at it & to my surprise it's suddenly working. (maybe) but it's stuck on Code 7203 & I'm unable to change it either on the Panel itself or within P3D.

When I try to change it in P3D the digits just immediately revert back to 7203. I've restarted P3D & also rebooted my SysBoard Controller PC but still the same 7203.

I've also checked the SysBoard Controller for the board id allocation is to the XPNDR Panel on the Radio Assignments Tab. I have tried to CLR the display & all possible Rotary positions, no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Howard.

787 George

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard,

A have the FDS transponder and all functions work fine. Although I believe the switch from transponder 1 to 2 doesn't do anything. I am running P3D V3.35. I set the squawk code on the face on the transponder code each and every flight. So this will answer the functionality questions, I'll have to leave it to the experts as to why yours does Not work (sorry)

George
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Howard

I have had the "JetMax XPNDR" for nearly a year now and never had never had the display not working so can't even start to go there.

As for the operation, well there have been some changes with Sim Avionics recently that have changed the operation of use somewhat.

First thing is (and I'm assuming that you are using Sim Avionics Suite) what version are you using?

Cheers
Michael
HowardChristian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply...
I'm using Sim-A V1.582

MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard

I think that in 1.582 to change XPNDR code

you first press CLR button, this should clear existing code and leave you with four dashes

you then type in the new code and you should get the audio beep confirmation that new code has been accepted.

Cheers
Michael
HowardChristian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it working, BUT...
It seems there is a bad connection somewhere in one of the three PCBs.
However because of the construction technique it is not possible to remove the cards for repairs.

Thus I've had to resort to a very unorthodox approach.
What I discovered is by applying great pressure to the corner of one of the boards it it working. But I don't know how long term reliability will go.
I've actually jammed a small piece of carpet under the corner. It's working well.... for now.

If only I could remove & separate the cards I might be able to do proper repair. I've had it for a few years, hopefully they are built differently these days.

MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard

Unfortunately we end up coming across a bad or dry solder joint along the way I our travels.
I can see what you mean about the layered PC Boards and then you have to identify the fault as well.

Have you thought about contacting Steve, I'm sure he would be able to organise a repair for you.

Cheers
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: