Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

737NG MIP SIZE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeMuth-Olsen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: 737NG MIP SIZE Reply with quote

Peter,
I didn't find a picture of the Elite 3D MIP on your site. I noticed that the Nova version that is shown on your site looks accurately but when I compared one of the 737NG MIPs purchased by one of your customers, from 737flightsimulator.com, I noticed that the standby instruments are far apart from the ND and EICAS displays. Now, I noted that you have provided options to purchase the 17" or 19" CRT versions, is that the difference? If so, I assume the 19" MIP is the correct size which represents the real 737NG accurately?

Thanks...
www.sim737.com
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: NG MIPs Reply with quote

http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/viewproduct.php?id=8

Here on the new page. Or. the front page of the wbsite under new products. Scroll down. Several pics there.
Sizes. Welcome to simbuilding.. While we all want to go pure scale. This is not always possible. CRT monitors are pretty big. putting three side by each in any of the aircraft types we want to build is rarely going to allow us to maintain scale. You have to make compromises. The smart builders build in their head and work towards the best outcome...
We can customize MIPs fro builders that are able to stay scale but this is becoming tricky with production capacity as it means alot more work than usual. Open to discussion here though ... Always.

NOW... Big one:

Building a sim.. Try to reproduce a one million dollar training device and not a 180 million dollar aircraft. We are building sims and alot of the builders are pushing themselves so much further than the airlines require. It is actually becoming easier to supply an airline these days.
They don't warry about Galley Switches.. Smile

I think that the root of the hobby is a monitor, keyboard and joystick..
Anything added to that is an improvement.

"AIM TOO HIGH...... NEVER FLY"

Smile
PC
DeMuth-Olsen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:37 pm    Post subject: 737NG MIP and more Reply with quote

Peter,
Now that is a big teaser not having the Elite page complete, you are missing prices and a few images! Very Happy Excellent work on the Elite MIP Panel design though! Here are more questions for you:

1. Is the MIP shown on the Elite page a 17" CRT type or the 19"? Is there much of a difference in the position of the displays and hardware? Maybe a picture in comparison would be helpful?

2. Is the "B737NG Main Instrument Panel (MIP)" as listed on the Elite page the same as the "B737NG Elite Series Main Panels"? I saw that there was a price difference between them two. Is this a relefection of the difference between a 2D and 3D version? I'm a little confused on that?

3. If I bought everything on the Elite page, will that cover every switch, knob and panel for the MIP? NOTE: I will not need the MCP, just the EFIS panels for that section.

4. Is there a way to get the measurements of the display windows and the distances apart between the PFD, DU, Standby Instruments and EICAS (height and length) so that I can determine what type of CRT monitors will work to fit behind these glorious panels? NOTE: Is the image listed on the Simpits website an aqurate scale of the 737NG, if so, I could use this to get my measurements--See link: http://www.simpits.org/database/graphics/737-800_panels/737_front_B.jpg

I might be your first customer that will be able to find a solution to using the exact scale for the MIP. If you are willing to work with me on this, I could build my cockpit and publish the design information to the FS Community using my future website, sim737.com. If we can find a work around that allows your customers to build full scale panels using your products, wouldn't that be for the best? Now, I'm not knocking your excellent work, I could always purchase your current panels but I thought I should bring it to your attention that I could be a beta tester for the 737NG panel. Makes since to me, I purchase your products, then I find a solution to integrating the CRTs and I publish the results via my upcoming website, what do you think?

If I don't here from you within a couple of days, have a great and safe Happy New Year!
www.sim737.com
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: NG Scale Reply with quote

I have a large company in the Far East that is buying Pure scale MIPs from me. Like I said.. Anything is possible..
The Pics in the New Product page is the latest version of the MIP. That is the 19" version .
PC
DeMuth-Olsen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on!
www.sim737.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: