Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rudder dual linked / Toe Brakes w/ FDS-FC1 (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lulu47

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Rudder dual linked / Toe Brakes w/ FDS-FC1 (Resolved) Reply with quote

I know this is very basic but I have some problems to calibrate toe brakes axis correctly with my dual linked rudder in the FDS-FC1 controller (I mean in the Windows 8.1 configuration panel).

Axe Z = Rudder
Axe X = Left Brake
Axe Y = Right Brake
Rotation Axe Z = Steering Tiller

What are Rotation Axe X and Y? Do I have to calibrate them, if yes from the CPT side or FO side? Or ignore them?

Rudder axis Z and Rotation axe Z have to be calibrated from the CPT side but what about Axes X and Y? Do I have to calibrate them from the CPT side or FO side?

This is not very clear...Maybe someone can clarify.

This has to be calibrated correctly before to assign axis and calibration in FSUIPC, which is very easy for me.

Daniel

737 DSTD MX Package
Jetcos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 1: Remove all Axis' in FSX/P3D

Step 2: Calibrate the FC1 in Windows and click Apply

Step 3: Assign all Axis' in FSUIPC

For the Brakes, move each pedal and assign to the correct location (IE: Left or Right). Same applies to B747/B777 Tillers

Step 3: Calibrate the Rudder, CA Left Brake, CA Right Brake and Tiller.

Do not worry about the FO Brakes as FSUIPC will calculate the numbers as long as you have assigned them in FSUIPC. Make sure the pot directions are the same for each Brake as this is important. The numbers should be negative then go Positive when you press the brakes or you need to use REV in FSUIPC (Especially with Saitek pedals.)

From the FSUIPC Manual located in the Modules Folder:

ALSO NOTE that for those of you with multiple controls (e.g. for pilot/co-pilot) there is one special advantage in assigning axes “direct to FSUIPC calibration”. As well as being able to assign several different axes to the same FSUIPC controls, FSUIPC will actually arbitrate between them, the maximum value (away from zero) being the one which “wins”. This arbitration only takes place when an axis is moved, however. Page 43
lulu47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

I have reformated the FS PC to revert back from P3D V3.3 (no Aerosoft airport compatible yet) to P3D V3.2 and so make a clean install, always better.

The FSUIPC axis assignments and calibration is not the problem, it is very easy for me to do this and very clear.

What I want to know, please, is what are rotation axis X and Z that appears at a moment when I start the FDS-FC1 calibration process in Windows 8.1?
It seems that they are Left and Right Brake FO axis, yes or no?

Could you please check here my FDS-FC1 calibration process in Windows 8.1:

1. Starting the process sitting on the CPT side
2. The process ask to move Axes X and Y completely (Left and Right Brakes, seeing letters X and Y moving in a window), do I have to do this from the CPT side or from the FO side? Then click on "Next"
3. The process ask to move completely Axis Z (rudder), doing this from CPT side, then click on "Next"
4. Then the process ask to move completely the Rotation Axe X and Y but if I move the brakes from the CPT side the cursor don't move, If I apply the brakes from the FO side the cursor move, so Rotation Axes X/Y should be FO brakes. Then click "Next"
5. The process ask to move completely Rotation axe Z (Steering Tiller) then click "Next" and "Apply" to end the process.

Is this correct or do I have to change something about step 2 and 4? This is where I have a doubt?

Daniel

737 DSTD MX Package
lulu47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resolved, I did exactly what you have proposed Steve, The Toe Brakes are now working fine on both CPT and FO side.

Many thanks.

Daniel

737 DSTD MX Package
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: