Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sending remote keypresses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winstonc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Sending remote keypresses Reply with quote

I find myself with the need to send key-presses to client computers in my 3 pc/screen (3 separate copies of Prepar3D) wideview setup, but have not yet figured out how to do it. I believe it may be achievable through FSUIPC / WideClient / WideFS but have not yet figured out how to do it or get it working if FSUIPC is the best solution. I also cam across a piece of software in my research called "Input Director" which apparently has the ability to mirror a keyboard or mouse input across multiple networked PC's, I have not yet tested it.

A couple of examples;

1. At the gate where the jetbridge is seen in the center and left screens I want to send Ctrl + J or some key press to both or all computers to operate the jetbridge in each view it appears in.

2. Running Radar Contact on left computer/screen and want to send any relevant keypress to it from center (server) screen /computer.

I am sure I am not the first to want to do this, does anyone have any suggestions / help?

Thanks

David
Winstonc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a solution.

Input Director so far works great and has some great potential and its free!

Check it out here www.inputdirector.com

So I have it setup on my three screen computers with the center display set as a master and the other two slave. I setup a keyboard macro to send Ctrl-J to operate jetbridge and assigned a key.

Now when I press the key it operates my jet bridge in all the views it appears in. (see youtube video).

https://youtu.be/ug-fDR9p6Kk

The nice thing is that you can specify on which machine it operates, ie, all slave, a specific slave, master + slave etc.

This maybe the soluction for a number of such requirements going forward and is a lot simpler than tryin to do the same thing in FSUIPC.

The other nice thing for mutli computer setup is that you can move the cursor to the other screens and control them..

https://youtu.be/ug-fDR9p6Kk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: