Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

x-plane 11 and FDS MX SERIES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridgenj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: x-plane 11 and FDS MX SERIES Reply with quote

not sure how many of you had the chance to try x-plane. it just blew my mind away. Nat Crea, the GURU of sim visuals migrated two years ago to XP 10.
His advantage was to have a cockpit with FDS I/O cards and Sim Avionics.
Definitely a winning combination when you want to move across platforms.
i use PrePar3D and Prosim737, the latter being somehow hostile to x-plane fans.
Peter and Steve have been very honest about x-plane not being currently their focus of attention. Fair enough since they have a successful business to manage.

Meanwhile i have met so many hard core P3D folks that are already migrating to XP11 and not looking back.

Maybe i can answer my own question but still giving another try.
Would be possible to expand mx-mcp/efis and mx-cdu drivers allow data injection into other avionics software that are not commercial ware?
Similar PMDG drivers, willing to pay to play.
Any others interested?

cheers
luis
melnato

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark and Steve will give you the definitive answer, but there are no FDS "drivers" anymore.
Unless your referring to the old Tekworx modules?

Hardware is hardware, it doesn't really communicate with any particular Sim platform...the avionics suites are the communication link.
Eg, If you want to use PMDG and XP11, you need PMDG to provide the driver/sdk etc...or ProSim to support XP11, not FDS.

Cheers,

Nat
ridgenj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nat, was not aware that integration should happen at the suite side.
I have the new ethernet radios and would love to have the working with x-plane. my impression was that they have their own build in proprietary i/o card to communicate, might be totally wrong about this one. For the rest of panels, Phidget, ARDUINO and POKEYS provide plug-ins for x-plane.

cheers
Luis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: