Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Throttle Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
787 George

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Throttle Issues Reply with quote

Mark or anyone,

The past few flights I have had issues with the throttles not reducing at the TOD, even disconnecting the Autothrottles does not work, they remain upwards of about 88%. Makes it very, very hard to land with the throttle stuck at 60-80 %. Any ideas?

George
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty general statement.... And more info would be required.

If you disconnect the A/T and you don't have manual throttles... do they work on the ground ?
If they do maybe it's a USB 'timeout'. Check in the Windows Device manager, under USB devices, and check that the USB Host controllers has the 'sleep' mode disabled under the power management tab.
787 George

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast reply Mark. Okay, disabled the Power saving mode for all the USB hubs and we will see what happens. Throttles worked fine for Takeoff and cruise, it was just during the descent and taxi in that there was no throttle control.

I'll report back after a few flights. Thanks

George
kand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find if I have altered any settings in the server program whilst on a flight, I experience this issue. Therefore if I make any changes I always restart the server and all client programs.

not sure if this helps at all
gsumner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this too a few times especially when I've selected des now on the cdu. I get an idle caption on the engine display but the throttles stay between the above mentioned %. When the flt plan catches up with my des now selection, the throttles retard correctly.

Graham
787 George

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Resolved Reply with quote

Thanks for the hints guys. Looks like Mark had the answer for my situation but good to know other possible solutions also.

George
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Throttle Issues (Resolved) Reply with quote

787 George wrote:
Mark or anyone,

The past few flights I have had issues with the throttles not reducing at the TOD, even disconnecting the Autothrottles does not work, they remain upwards of about 88%. Makes it very, very hard to land with the throttle stuck at 60-80 %. Any ideas?

George

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: