Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FLT Data loop and Data Rate - Sim-A Server not responding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chanakaf

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: FLT Data loop and Data Rate - Sim-A Server not responding Reply with quote

Hi All,
Been trying to troubleshoot this issues for several weeks now and wanted see if anyone else has any ideas or resolution tips.

Here's my setup:
P3D system- W10 64bit, 32GB RAM, 3.6GHz CPU 6-core, 2X 1080 GPU's, IP address 10.0.1.10

Sim-A system- W10 64bit, 32GB RAM, 4.6GHz CPU 4-core, 2X 980 GPU's, IP address 10.0.1.11

Sim-A version 1.7, P3D version 3.4, FSUIPC 4.9 + wide client.

Get Data Rate of ~ 12 FPS and A/P Rate of ~ 8. This fluctuates quite a bit. All default setup. And 2 or 3 times per minutes The Sim-A server says that it is not responding, this last about 2-3 seconds dn then goes of but comes back. This happens through.

Also when I try to monitor data on the FSUIPC Monitor tab the data updates are extreamly slow and choppy. I believe these issues are linked...

I have read this forum and done most of what I was able to find/read.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

I have some screen shots of the Sim-A server window but was not able to figure out how to attached them here.

Thanks,
Anthony
thomas747400

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anthony

I have been plagued by a similar issue for month but in my case it causes all my avionics displays to freeze for 2 seconds, probably once every 5 minutes or so. (I have a separate PC for running my Sim-A server)

Your PC spec is very good, the issue may be network related:
> I have had issues with wether engines (Active Sky 16) flooding the network with data causing applications to stall > If you do use AS16 (or similar), turn it off and check if it makes a difference.

> I changed my network switch from 100MB/s to 1G/s, this didn't fix my problem but it might fix yours

> Replace old network cables... probably best to use CAT5e or CAT 6 type network cables

> You might want to try using UDP instead of TCP protocol for Sim A network connections however if you run the Sim-A server and client applications on the same PC this won't be applicable.

> Try turning off Windows firewalls and see if that makes a difference

Good luck!

Thomas
chanakaf

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thomas !

I have tried everything on your list. I don't have any add-ons installed. The entire network is Gigabit and have disabled windows firewall and defender.

Tried UDP as well with no success.

Appreciate the reply.

Anthony
kand

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had issues with win10s default LAN driver, in the end installing ASUS killer driver fixed all of my quirky network problems. Maybe check your drivers?

try and isolate the problem, is it a widefs problem or is the whole network suffering? running latest wideclient also?
chanakaf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kand.

Yes I did install the latest LAN drivers as both my MB's are ASUS.

I believe the issue is not the LAN as I have run diagnostics and network performance tests between these two systems and getting very close to gigabit performance on TCP. UDP bandwidth was much lower around 1.5 mbps.

I am running WideClient Version 6.999z2, FSUIPC version 4.959
Fred

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like an intermittent problem....Data rates should be steady.....Is it hardware related?

I assume that you are using the on-board motherboard LAN chip....Try installing a separate LAN card to bypass it.

Fred K
kand

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have you assigned your fixed IPs? take it you have done that within windows and not on the router?

Are you running anything else which uses wideFS? maybe the pipe is getting saturated with calls

FSUIPC logging off?

tried disabling TCP IP v6, turn windows homegroups off, proved your shares work by dragging fto/from between the folders

out of ideas!
chanakaf

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Ip assigned via windows and nothing else is running on widefs. Logging is off.

The LAN works fine as i have run very heavy data transfers and 15-20 minutes long network performance tests and they pass with flying colors.

Ipv6 i tried in both states, on and off.

Could someone please share how you setup sim-a and p3d? Just the basics so that i can make sure i have the correct setup. Any configurations etc?

I am left to belive that it is on the fsuipc/widefs end and not the network given all the successful testing on the network. It very well could be that my setup has Flaws.
Jetcos

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a manual in the Documentation Folder. Covers set-up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: