Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P3Dv4 and Sim A
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fox956

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: P3Dv4 and Sim A Reply with quote

Hi,

I see that LM P3Dv4 is scheduled for release May 30th. How will Sim A fit with this new version?

I am assuming that until a new FSUIPC version or an alternative is available we will have to stay with P3Dv3.

Larry
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Larry
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know this was on the cards.

If it's anything like previous versions it's probably better to wait it out a bit and let the dust settle before taking the plunge.

What's new?
New Licence?
How Much"?

I better get on LM website and see what info I can find

Cheers
Michael
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short description on the LM site sounds quite promising.
64bit sounds big along with heaps of improvements.

But all my scenery? my God, how am I going to update all that?
Okay, I think my best option will be to wait till at least FSUIPC, ORBX and ASN have dealt with the new version.

Excited
Michael
fox956

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael,

ORBX and AS16 are on board from what I understand. I think FSUIPC is going to be the problem. I would like to see LH incorporate it or something similar to it into their software.

I wonder about Sim A's 737 flight model, will it run on a 64 bit system?

I have about $3000.00 in airport scenery myself, I have to wonder how much of it will be updated. Flightbeam and FSDT airports will be updated.

A lot of changes coming our way.

Larry
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like everyone else, I've got no idea what v4 is going to have until it's released....What will be improved... what will be broken Wink etc

Pete Dowson is in the same situation.
I've spoken to Pete about a new 64bit FSUIPC version and he's still considering it.
Initially he would likely focus on porting across the offset memory map functions and Joystick functions. This would be sufficient to keep the avionics running.
Due to the work involved this would probably be marketed as FSUIPC5.

Once v4 is release and we've all had time to look at it, we'll have a clearer understanding of what will be required for compatibility.
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also important, finding out what the improvements really are, before jumping into the unknown
If your system runs smooth, just enjoy it, fly and relax. A lot of things will have to be ironed out and maybe what you can possibly gain is not worth what you might loose...time will tell, and a few months wait could prove wise.
IMHO

Jack
kand

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I have gleaned

FDE are the same as in previous versions so the simA aircraft should be fine. Visuals are dramatically improved at night with the new dynamic lighting, unfortunately renders the recent VC landing light work redundant for those moving on with the platform but the improvement is fantastic. A max limit of 500 lights per scene though

Scenery now draws out to the horizon if selected but I have to say that it looks just like v3 really. I will certainly purchase next week but until Pete decides on the future of FSUIPC/wideserver a lot of people are stuck.

FSW on the other hand will not be an option for us, that because dovetail have elected to lock out all 3rd party code/SDK.

Mark, are you able to use simconnect for simA? that will remove the fsuipc dependancy if v5 doesnt happen?

EDIT, Pete has just announced there will be a 64bit FSUIPC 5 sold as a new product, fantastic news
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it looks like there will be an FSUIPC5.
This is good news for v4.

I will be looking at moving to simconnect in the future as it's unlikely there will be an FSUIPC6, and who knows when Pete will finally decide to retire !! Sad
fox956

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I see that FSUIPC5 has been released, but for some strange reason Simmarket doesn't have it available for purchase on their site yet.

Larry
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just picked up FSUIPC5, it's available at Simmarket. Here is the link, if this is not permitted, please remove the link.

http://secure.simmarket.com/pete-dowson-fsuipc5-for-p3dv4.phtml
Nige

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Just thought I'd mention that I'm running Sim-A in P3Dv4 and barring a couple of niggles, it's running like a dream!! I must say, having everything maxed out and all my sceneries loaded, it's magical to know the VAS issue has finally gone. Enjoy!!

Nigel
belisba

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nige, any issues with installing Sim-A on the P3Dv4 (including the Sim-A 737-800 model) computer and doing TQ calibration, etc?
Nige

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

belisba wrote:
Nige, any issues with installing Sim-A on the P3Dv4 (including the Sim-A 737-800 model) computer and doing TQ calibration, etc?

Belisba,
You don't need to run any Sim-A installers.
Assuming you have both of your P3Dv3 and v4 installations installed.
Install FSUIPC5 into P3Dv4. You can use your existing registration of WIDEFS7 along with your new FSUIPC5 registration. WIDEFS hasn't changed.
Run the sim and generate a new FSUIPC5.ini.
Copy your old FSUIPCV4.ini from your existing P3Dv3 installation into your new P3Dv4 module folder and rename it FSUIPC5.ini.
Check through it and adjust any paths to suit your P3Dv4 installation and change the P3D version and Simconnect version to suit. This is generated in the new v5.ini file when it was created.

Copy your SIM-A 737 folder to P3D v4 Simobjects\Airplanes
Run P3Dv4 sim and load up your Sim-A 737
Run WIDEFS and make sure it connects okay. Close it down and then run your Sim-A software as normal.
I have noticed a couple of niggling issues with my setup. At first I couldn't get the fuel/cutoff switches on my TQ working. Fiddling around with my setup I had to make sure I removed all of the axis and buttons in P3D controller setup in the normal mode and slew mode and then enable the controllers in P3D.
I don't get a warning annunciated to switch off the centre fuel pumps when the centre tank is dry but it's only a minor niggle.
It's just marvellous to have all my Orbx scenery and airport scenery along with ultimate traffic live and PF3 loaded and running with everything maxed out knowing that I'm not going to run into VAS issues.
Hope this helps!!
Nigel
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very good news

Thank you for the update Nigel

Cheers
Michael
Nige

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your very welcome Michael

Regards

Nigel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: