Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CFY TQ stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efpg0708

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: CFY TQ stopped working Reply with quote

Hi guys.

For those who have the CFY TQ, did any of you have any issues with the motorized parts failing to move all of a sudden ? Even when calibrating the TQ the parts don't move anymore ...

Thanks

Eduardo
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eduardo

TQ is a electronically controlled mechanical device and things will go out of alignment and or stop working every now and then.

What stopped working on your TQ?

Cheers
Michael
efpg0708

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark

The trim wheels have stopped. The strange thing is that they don't even move when calibrating the TQ with the calibrating software. It stopped working after I was flying through some turbulence and the trim was oscilanting too much, so I lowered the trim sensitivity a few clicks in the TQ Control.
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eduardo

Do the trim wheels work with manual trim form the yoke switch?

Michael
efpg0708

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negative.
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eduardo

Unfortunately it sounds more like a motor failure problem.
Depending on the model and version it could be anything from 1 motor to 3 motors driving the trim wheels.

Only bright side is that the trim wheel motor (s) are the easiest to gain access for replacement works.

First you will have to confirm that it is the motor burnt out and this is best done with Torsten's help, also to get permission to take apart the TQ (warranty seals have to be broken)

Only simple thing that may have happened it that the belt or the pulley driving the trim wheels has fallen off, that's an easy fix.

Hope some of this helps

Cheers
Michael
efpg0708

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael

Many thanks for your help. I'm coordinating a remote session with Torsten, but I also think it might be a motor failure, which would be very frustrating considering that I have been using the TQ for one month only.
cmantel1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Motor failure Reply with quote

I have also had a motor "burn out". Torsten was quick to send me a new motor, but it was a pain to install. But now I am very happy with trim wheel motion.

BUT....now my Speedbrake does not deploy or stow automatically. I can hear the motor pull the lever back down and is "seated" in the notch for it when stowed. So i dont believe it is the motor.

I guess I will also need a meeting with Torsten again too.

I'm beginning to wonder about the longevity of the mechanical parts of the CFY TQ, especially the motors. It's a beautiful piece of hardware, and I "was" very happy with it. But recently, with lots of people buying them, it's beginning to seem like they may not be as robust as you would want. On the other hand, i know of a couple people that have them and have not troubles at all and are very happy with them. Time will tell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: