Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P3D v4 Graphic's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FRANKY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: P3D v4 Graphic's Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have just set up my new Jetmax 737 and it works great... my question is about P3dv4 graphics..

The ground scenery is not sharp and at some of the gates the tugs tires are below the ground. Some of the terminal buildings are blurry and I'm getting 20 fps on the ground. The distance seems very pixelated. While I'm up in the air the scenery is better and i'm getting about 29 fps. I have set up a view group and have 3 - 40in TV's and have 2 Jetline computers with then new Nvidia 1080 graphic's cards.

Most of my sliders are 3/4 of the way up.

Question is, is this normal ? I have just stared flight siming and have no frame of reference. I want to start putting on add-ons but wanted to get the base right first.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Frank
kand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Franky

I would ditch the viewgroups in favour of nvidia surround and calculating the correct zoom level to reduce the distortion

There are many changes you can make under the hood of P3d to help terrain loading, but depending on your level of knowledge I would suggest the following first

1) set unlimited FPS in p3d
2) limit your FPS externally in nvidia surround
3) use the FPS that are not displayed to increase your minimum fibre time to give more time back for the sim to render
4) set your texture resolution to 7cm
5) disable dynamic lighting

SLI in P3dv4 is a contentious subject! search a few posts at AVSIM
FRANKY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: