Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ASP4 + P3Dv4 Weather Radar (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VE3ORE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: ASP4 + P3Dv4 Weather Radar (Resolved) Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone can confirm that they have weather radar working with P3Dv4 and the current Active Sky version ASP4.

There is a sticky forum item about weather radar setup but its from 2015 and refers to AS16 and definitely not the 64 bit P3D.

I think I have my network and sharing working as it should, I can write from the sim server to the avionics unit etc but AS does not produce a current radar.bin file in the WX subdirectory no matter what I try. (All firewalls turned off by the way)

So just wondered if anyone has this working? Thanks Andy
bazeo21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

I have the latest Sim-A and the latest Activesky 4 for P3Dv4 and I can confirm it works great! Just follow the easy instructions from this forum.

Kind regards

Mark
Rigilkent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
so you can confirm that the instructions that Mark laid out to set up Sim-A radar with AS16 also apply to P3dV4 with AS4?
I was actually wondering the same thing.
Very good news.

Thanks,
A
VE3ORE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this info. I have followed the instructions in the forum but no luck.

Mark can you confirm that each time you start ASV4 that a new version of the radar.bin file gets written to the Sim-Avionics/wx folder (new file date& time) in your setup?

Andy
bazeo21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Sounds like either an incorrect ASNwxRadarPath (make sure that's perfect and correct for your Sim-A PC and is added in the correct place in FSUIPC cfg.) Or its a permissions issue.

Have you right clicked your main Sim-A folder and clicked "Advanced sharing" and ticked "share this folder" then clicked "permissions" clicked "add" typed "Everyone" into the object names box, clicked OK then highlighted "Everyone" in group or user names and checked all the boxes, including "Full Control" clicked "Apply" and OK!?

Kind regards

Mark
VE3ORE

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments Mark.

I was pretty sure of my network permissions etc.

Anyway, finally did a complete reload of AS_P3Dv4 which did not seem to fix things. Then updated my FSUIPC5 to version 5.112 and now things seem to be fixed. My FSUIPC5 was 5.100 and that could have been the issue.

Works fine now.

Andy
Nav3pilot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having the same problem and didn't realize there was an update to FUSIPC5. Installing 5.112 also fixed my issue. Thanks for posting the resolution to your problem.

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: