Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

p3dv4 and orbweaver razer key pad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VE3ORE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: p3dv4 and orbweaver razer key pad Reply with quote

If you have a key pad from orbweaver and run P3D v4 you will know that there is an issue which causes P3Dv4 to hang.

In the past I have found that this key pad was a great alternative to a full sized key board for those special functions you need to program.

LockheadMartin say that the workaround is to switch the controls to DirectInput or to leave the device disconnected.

To switch the controls to DirectInput :
1. Unplug the device.
2. Start Prepar3D.
3. Goto Options > Controls > Other.
4. Choose the DirectInput option from the Input Method section.
5. Close Prepar3D.
6. Plugin the device.
7. Restart Prepar3D.

I wonder if anyone has tried this. My setup is very stable at the moment and I am worried this could effect my other USB connected input devices.

Any feedback or suggestions welcome.

Andy
VE3ORE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

No takers on this subject so fingers crossed I switched to direct input and all seems to be ok and the keypad works as expected so that's good.

Now I just have to make it look a bit more like something that could be found on a flight deck! Definitely painting it Boeing grey
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also may find that type of panel (or similar) on EBay for less than a hundred, and link the keys to a joystick card and program whatever function you wish with FSUIPC...After a good cleanup looks more "avionic-ish" than a keypad.

Another one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boeing-CDU-Control-Display-Unit-Teledyne-2227050-10-/122739547761?hash=item1c93d8de71:g:4TQAAOSwdPBZ1AyS&vxp=mtr
VE3ORE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jack, that's a great idea. I followed the link you posted and bought that control unit which I am sure I can adapt for the purpose.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: