Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto pilot goes crazy when loading ASN!6 weather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Estrada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Auto pilot goes crazy when loading ASN!6 weather Reply with quote

Hello,

Have you experienced this...?

From time to time, during flight level, autopilot on, everything is working ok. But when Active Sky Next load a new weather scenery, autopilot goes crazy. Airplane start to climb or dive like crazy, turns left or right abruptly, some time ending upside down... forcing me to disconnect AP, and recover the control manually. But once I recover control and activate autopilot, the problem continues... lost control. So I need to fly with out AP. During long flights, this is something stressing Smile

What I have noticed, tis is produced when ASN load a a new scenery weather with strong changes. I mean, from wetaher relatively calm to thunderstorm clouds.. something like this. Always during cruise flight.

Any help on this...?

Thank you!

P3D-PC1
Asus Maximus IX Code, CPU Intel i7, 7700K, Gskill,3200 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1080ti, Watercooled, 1 SSD Win7, 1 SSD P3D, 1 HHD Storage, 180° Screen, 3 Optoma GT1080 Projectors
kondrat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto pilot goes crazy when loading ASN!6 weather Reply with quote

Hi,

I also have the same issue. It happens ones in 20 flights. Maybe I get better weather or something. During the flight, all good and then suddenly plane goes down, turns sideways, sometimes upside down. I cannot recover as you because doing something and usually too late.

Denis

Daniel Estrada wrote:
Hello,

Have you experienced this...?

From time to time, during flight level, autopilot on, everything is working ok. But when Active Sky Next load a new weather scenery, autopilot goes crazy. Airplane start to climb or dive like crazy, turns left or right abruptly, some time ending upside down... forcing me to disconnect AP, and recover the control manually. But once I recover control and activate autopilot, the problem continues... lost control. So I need to fly with out AP. During long flights, this is something stressing Smile

What I have noticed, tis is produced when ASN load a a new scenery weather with strong changes. I mean, from wetaher relatively calm to thunderstorm clouds.. something like this. Always during cruise flight.

Any help on this...?

Thank you!

Rigilkent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had similar issues as well. What seemed to resolve it for me was to tick off all wind smoothing settings in FSUIPC.
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not fully familiar with AS... Are there any 'rate of change' options in the settings that you can adjust..?

It also sounds a bit like the sim is 'pausing' when the weather updates..
and when it restores it takes a second or two for the flight dynamics to settle down.
N737AG

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In AS try to set all the Turbulence effects to a minimum (5 or so).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: