Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flush Mounting the Nova Panel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Flush Mounting the Nova Panel Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice, I have the Nova Glareshield and have mounted the switches to the plexi backing using a small flat head screw however this is not exactly flush so when I add the top finish panel its a bit raised, I havent' seen this problem from pics on the internet, Has any had this same issue and left it or is there a different way to mount the switches... I am really trying to aviod making the holes any bigger for fear I may break the panel or make the whole too big.

Thanks,

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to countersink the holes a little further until the screwhead sits flush against top the backer. Once done the nova panel will sit flat. The best way to do it is by hand, go nice and slow. *Dont use a drill as you will just shatter the plastic*

You can contersink by using a larger drill bit or by using a proper conuntersink bit available at any hardwarestore.
markt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guest... I will try it by hand

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: