Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question from an observer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aircom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Question from an observer Reply with quote

Hi,

this is my first post here. I am beginning to observe and monitor all news and discussions about cockpit building because I "fear" Wink I might be sick one day. I find all this simply amazing.

Anyway, my question is this one: I understand that each piece of hardware (button, switch, etc) can be linked to a computer, ie to the software level. What I don't understand is how is it interpreted by the sim ? I take as an example the overhead panel with fuel, electrical and so on systems. Are they here only for the deco or can they be effectively used to start and configure the aircraft ? Does it take an addon like PIC767 or PMDG737 to handle all these events ? Does FSUIPC handle all of them ?

Thanks for the clarifications

Nico
Nils

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nico!

Thank is a question which employed me too. The answer is easy. There are different solutions of simulation.

I you an not an eletrical expert (as me) you can choose a setup like the interface IT. There will be a software which allows to refer your whished function.

If you choose the epic card (another solution), xou will have to programm the software. (to complicate for me).

You can still compinate different solutions. FSUIPC could also work, but I donīt really know how.

The only thing you need is a software which can interpret the command that you are giving by pressing a buttom. I one chase you are right: Some of the overhead commands like for example the hydraulic is not simulated yet. As I know, Project magenta is working on a softwaresolution.

Working with PIC or PMDG is a problem, because you are not able to segregate the main displays like PFD,ND.

for the displays there is only one way: Project Magenda!

Donīt worry, if I find a technical solution you will find it too. You donīt have to be a krack!!!

Just beginn to build the mip section, the pedastal and the shell. After you have finished new ways of electrical conection will be possible. The market grows daily.

The first time you hold a FDS panel of your favorite aircraft in hand, every doubt will be blown away.

I hope my answer helps a little bit and sorry for my english.

Nils
remont

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Question from an observer Reply with quote

So two ways :

1- Programing with EPICs cards via FSUIPC : the most powerful ! quite complicated, but so many tutorials on the net and forums ...
2- Just sending keystroke directly to the software : So easy ... Not so powerful ! But it works well for something like 767PIC.

For flightdeck building, I think, that you don't have really the choice and that Project Magenta is a must to have !

For airbus, a complete set for shareware is available with Project magenta and HCSDT.

Good luck for your project.
aircom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these answers. I still have to digest them but bit by bit my mind will be more clear.

Nico
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: