Project started

A showcase of Projects based around Flightdeck Solutions customers. FDS customers are welcome to post their work.
Please contact pcos@flightdecksolutions.com for photo updating and posting if you require assistance.

Moderator: Jetcos

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

The nose shell is done including the mounting brackets for the liners.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL][/img]

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Neat working place....

Good thing you take your time hey !
I wonder where you would be at if you rushed your build.

Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Today's work - most enjoyable 😀

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Today I got the CDU tray finished and attached to the MIP and started on the F/O side wiring. One of the best pieces of advice Peter gave me was to buy the pre-made cable looms!

The other item I worked on today was the Flight Illusions Chronometer I had bought to replace the dummy one on the captains side. Unfortunately, it is slightly smaller than 1:1 scale and therefore smaller than the mounting space in the MIP. So I did some CAD work in Fusion 360 to come up with a custom mount plate to fit and then printed it on my 3D printer (see pic).

Tomorrow I should have the chronometer reassembled with the new mount plate and I will post pictures of it completed.

David

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Couldn't help myself, reassembled chrono with new mount plate and installed in the MIP.

787 George

Post by 787 George »

OUTSTANDING!!!!

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Another busy day in the "Hanger". Started working on disassembling and modifying the monitors and installing in the MIP.

Got the Captains displays done and the upper EICAS/ auxiliary instruments. Also got most of the remaining annunciators, buttons switches etc installed along with all the wiring for the inputs and outputs to the SYS4 card. Still need to finish tidying up the cables.

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Hey David

You're doing a great job there, coming along nicely.
I was just looking at how your MIP comes together, seems like aluminium section panels screwed on to a frame. I have a JetMax and the MIP is just a single panel with all the holes cut out.

It's nice to see how the other products come together.

Admiring your Chrono :-) I like it. I ended yo doing my JetMax CAP Chrono by adding a 7" screen to the back of the Chrino frame and displaying Sim A CAP CHRONO on it, just using the CLOCK button on glare to operate stop watch function but intend to add micro buttons on CHRONO frame to increase function.

One question, I can't see a spot on your MIP for YAW DAMPER? or am I missing something there?

Cheers
Michael

pcos
Site Admin

Post by pcos »

Yaw Damper:
Following Boeing we eliminated the Yaw Damper like the new NGs coming off the line.
Peter

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Thank you Peter for the info, looks like I haven't kept up with the latest.
I have the older model but I do like the gauge so all is good. :-)

Cheers
Michael

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

David
Very neat build, congrats.

Michael, you can use the YD hole for a hobbs

Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Today I got the second 19" monitor stripped, modified and mounted on the F/O side. and also made good progress on the Glareshield including installing the two EFIS and the MCP.

Still have to do a bunch of things including the power distribution side of things and connecting up the IBL wires to the IBL Dim Distribution panels.

David

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Main construction of MIP/Glaresheild is done. This weekend I will be focusing on the power side of things as well as connecting the IBL wiring and maybe fire it up to test everything works as expected.

David

Image[/img]

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Got the lower secondary engine display installed and working. I also mounted the two IBL dimmer cards as well as the flight illusions controller card.

I designed a cover for the IBL dimmer cards and 3D printed them out. I will do the same for the Flight Illusuins card.

David

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

I have now got the IBL lighting and 12v LEDS lights installed, wired and working.

On the picture of the rear you can see the two (outer) covers I printed for the IBL-DIST-DIM cards and the center cover which is for the Flight Illusions interface card cover.

David

Last edited by Winstonc on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.