Project started

A showcase of Projects based around Flightdeck Solutions customers. FDS customers are welcome to post their work.
Please contact pcos@flightdecksolutions.com for photo updating and posting if you require assistance.

Moderator: Jetcos

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

So I have created a new YouTube channel to house my sim videos going forward. The channel is called "Temporarily Grounded" ;)

Here is the first video I shot yesterday of a test flight from Rome (LIRF) on my way to Palermo Airport (LICJ) in Sicily.

https://youtu.be/LhOwUBy7gV8

The flight begins at gate 507 and ends when I reach my cruise altitude of 35,000 ft.

The video is "as shot" and not edited or multi-camera, but going forward I intend to put together more interesting / edited/ muti camera video of flights etc.

Please feel free to subscribe to the channel if you would like to be notified of future videos.

Thanks

David

tugo31

Post by tugo31 »

Nice video, i like the camera recording resolution? which camera did you use?

Regards

Juan

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Hi Juan,

Thanks!

I used a Sony A7s with a 50mm prime lens.

David

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

What scenery are you using? Airport and ground textures?

Very nice.
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

I'm using JETSTREAM DESIGNS Palermo airport and Aerosoft Rome airport, nothing with Orbx Global and Europe LC running at 4K resolution.

David

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

I received my FO seat today 😃

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

This is the second half of my previous video covering the landing at Palermo Airport. Not the best approach or landing but all survived 🤔

https://youtu.be/Oy7UlRi0mXQ

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Back from vacation and back to work on the cockpit.

Using Leo Bodnar USB interface cards I now have working display dimmers on both the captains and FO positions.

I 3D printed simple mounts/ covers for the cards and mounted as shown.

The photos show the FO side, the Captains side is similar except there are four connections instead of two.

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Hey David

Good to see you are back and getting stuck into it again :-)

Are Leo Bodnar cards compatible with Sim Avionics?

Cheers
Michael

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Yes they work fine. Just another windows joystick.

David

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Thank you David
I'll keep that in mind as I have wanted to get DU screen dimming operational.

Cheers
Michael

787 George

Post by 787 George »

Me too, thank you very much. We all learn from each other, what a great hobby!!!!

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Just when you think you are almost done you find yourself pulling things back out of the cockpit :D

This time I have received my second ACE Yoke which from feel is definitely an improvement on the original one, with a much smoother feel and (mostly) laser engraved lettering.

I have installed the new yoke on the captains side and the original yoke (captains config, but doesn't really matter) on the FO side.

I have also pulled out my FDS straight seat rails which have worked well and I am in the process of installing my Swiss-Sim J-rails which are a lot more fiddly to get the seat to move smoothly but will move the seats to the rear and out, which in time will allow me to install a rear bulkhead.

David

787 George

Post by 787 George »

Been there done that as they say on the take things back apart.

Not to hijack the thread but a question on the Ace Yokes and maybe I am mistaken but seems to me sometime back somebody had problems ordering from them so I wound up with the PFC Yoke, I sure like the look of the Ace Yoke, is everyone happy with them, feel they are a good product, good teck support? Anybody jump in and Peter or Steve, feel free to move this message elsewhere if needed.

George

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

Hi George.

They have had a bad rep for customer service. Not sure what the deal was/ is but I deal with Daniel and not sure how he relates to the history. They definitely are sometimes slow with email responses, but I got both of mine from them on eBay so have eBay protection.

The other thing I should mention is that on eBay there is no reference to being ACE.

Bottom line I am very happy with product which is well made and I think pretty good value for money compared to other alternatives.

David