Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free MFD/EADI super smooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Free MFD/EADI super smooth Reply with quote

For those of you without Project Magenta, here is a free MFD made by REALITY XP that works as smoothly as PM and has superb graphics. I used it for years on regular panels and it allows very precise pitch adjustments. You can paste it on any panel and make it as big as you want without loosing crispness . A real must for those who did not know about it. It does not have all the MCP info but try it you will not regret it...absolutely free...replaces the jerky, unsmooth and primitive MFD of the stock 737/777.
http://www.reality-xp.com/products/free/freeware.htm
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPS I meant PFD not MFD anyway EADI!!!
If you want to do a manual install...piece of cake..

Add RealityXP_737.gau to your main gauge file
Go to your 737 airplane file
Go to the panel file
Open panel.cfg (notepad)
Go to the ident=MAIN_PANEL gauge list

Inhibit the original EADI by adding an x (easy to undo later)
gauge11=x737-400!ADI, 85, 39
Add the following line with a sequential gauge number
gaugeXX=RealityXP_737!ADI, 85, 39,145,125

That's it... should work
At your own risks..bla bla bla..of course!!
Xviator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a 777 version?
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope...check the site, download it and see if you can live with it, the main appeal of that PFD is that it is incredibly fluid, no jitter at all, flying a precision approach with it (rising runway and trend bar for speed) is a delight.
But the graphic is definitly 737.
Stoney3K

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

737 classic or NG? I'll download it and add it to my growing collection of Reality XP products Wink

I'm using the Jet Line 4 on a daily basis and I must say that it gives flying the default Learjet the new meaning I wanted it to have. Now I actually have a feel of flying a "glass" cockpit instead of a set of bitmaps. Granted, it's a Collins glass flight deck and not a Honeywell one, but I think I can live with that... we'll just plant Collins displays in Honeywell frames and upgrade when our own software is up to the job Wink
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it, great great products, the one I refer to is a in fact a 734EADI . With what U have you don't need it really! I was more thinking of those who can't have the pricey PM and are stuck with the ugly and slow default 737 EADI.
Stoney3K

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackpilot wrote:
Glad you like it, great great products, the one I refer to is a in fact a 734EADI . With what U have you don't need it really! I was more thinking of those who can't have the pricey PM and are stuck with the ugly and slow default 737 EADI.

RealityXP is definitely great value for its money. Compare the prices for the joke of it:

PM RJ license: PFD, ND, EICAS (Modeled after Honeywell): 199,00
Reality XP Jet Line 4 (Modeled after Collins Pro Line 4, THE solution for CRJ builders!): 19,95 (Actually, that's the $ price, but I'm counting a bit of a difference for European sales... you'll end up probably somewhere around 16 something).

That's the same functionality for 10 percent of the price. Okay, you can't run RealityXP on a second PC as you can with PM... but RealityXP is completely keyboard driven which is perfect for the simbuilder without the deep PM/EPIC pocket. Old keyboards can be salvaged by the dozen for nothing. And the default FS2004 offsets still work as well, so you can also hook up FSBUS or OpenCockpits or whatever you want to it.
Pochflyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to run the Reality XP software on another computer. Is there really no way to do this? Also do you think if I ran 3 monitors off one computer I would still get ok frame rates? EX One for FS outside view, One for PFD and ND, and one for EICAS.
USA
Stoney3K

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFD and ND will easily fit on one screen. And the major load on your graphics card will be put on the outside view... 2D work is a piece of cake for most GFX cards. If you're really short on graphics outputs, just add a PCI card for the gauges. Remember that with two screens you'll get a long way, PFD and ND are just 6" x 8" in real life and will fit side by side on a 15" monitor. You can get a small 10" LCD for the EICAS if you really want to.
Pochflyboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be a viable option. Espesialy for the price... I will start trying it out and seeing how it works. Any word on their FMC???
USA
Stoney3K

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealityXP doesn't have an FMC as yet but I'm not sure whether they will develop one. Would give them an edge on the competition for their price...

They got to do something about the Flight1 e-Commerce system though. That has been hacked pretty much.
DeMuth-Olsen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Free MFD/EADI super smooth Reply with quote

jackpilot wrote:
For those of you without Project Magenta, here is a free MFD made by REALITY XP that works as smoothly as PM and has superb graphics. I used it for years on regular panels and it allows very precise pitch adjustments. You can paste it on any panel and make it as big as you want without loosing crispness . A real must for those who did not know about it. It does not have all the MCP info but try it you will not regret it...absolutely free...replaces the jerky, unsmooth and primitive MFD of the stock 737/777.
http://www.reality-xp.com/products/free/freeware.htm

Do we know each other? Did you fly beechcraft aiplanes back in Calgary Canada?
www.sim737.com
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chad
Sorry, I flew various airplanes, but not in Calgary...retired now...buiding sims for a change!!! ..the NG is my second one. Still fly Cessnas.
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: