Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whats the most realistic airport out there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: whats the most realistic airport out there? Reply with quote

hello there to all
if you had a simulator and wanted the most realistic airport scenery to use as your main scenery to perform touch and goes and all the other things, what would be the one?

one that when people fly in my sim they wont nessesarily know what airport it is, just that it looks amazing.

lights on high poles, awesome buildings and textures.....i could go on.

tell me guys i want THE best addon in the world....credit card awaits!! Very Happy

pay or free.
thanks to all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, aircraft type would be a320-737 etc.
bwr014

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt we talk about that before Smile

Cloud 9 Amsterdam (EHAM) Razz

See topic: question about FS9

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutions.com
Karl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, you could try this link, http://www.megascenery.com/

But remember detailed files could affect your frame rate.

Good Luck,

Karl
B737NG Builder
rhys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for scenery as far as the approach etc with buildings and all the rest you want to head to the mediterranean.

The approach to Ibiza is fantastic as you come in over the old city with castle etc etc. This is available in Aerosofts Balearic scenery. And it is very realistic and includes gibraltar too!! Plus the approaches to the other islands are also awesome.

Also same thing from Aerosoft is the Canary Islands too. Lanzarote and Tenerife Norte/Los Rodeos are modelled excellent and offer many things on approach to the airport.

The above two are very realistic and match the real approach spot on... (And I should Know!!!)

I think Aerosoft also do a Kos Airport Scenery (as Kos is my favourite Airport I have ever taken the 757 into!!) and they have also modelled this very well.

Check out ISD's italian airport scenery this is very good as well and their Genova Sestri and Milan Linate Sceneries are excellent.

Fianlly Check out this link!! http://www.napulevola.it/default.aspx
This is scenery of my Home town Napoli. Download all the scenery for LIRN Naples Capodichino Aiport. They offer all the photorealistic Naples area including the Terrain plus an excellent rendition of the airport. From one end you fly in over the San Paolo bay with the motorways etc just short of the airfield and finals over the houses which are all 3d modelled and from the opposite end you skirt with Mt Vesuvius Volcano (which is nicely modelled smoking!!) Excellent Scenery. You have to download all the scenery separatly though so make sure you get the buildings, Vfr and all the airport stuff...

Most of these airports are Charter and Holiday Destintions with Single Runways which is best for touch and goes and in an aircraft of that size..

The people who have modelled these sceneries have done well as flying them in real life and the sim world they have got very close..

Have Fun...
skydvdan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you without a doubt that if it's realism in an airport that you want then you don't need to look any further than Flytampa or Flightscenery. These two make the best airport addons available for FS2004. I like Amsterdam but the framerate while using AI traffic has alot to be desired. That isn't the case with these two company's projects. If you're going to go with FlyTampa then I'd say go with either their San Francisco Intl, Chicago Midway, or their best one yet Seattle Tacoma Intl. For this company if you want a taste of what their sceneries are like for free then do a search on Avsim.com for KBOS version 2. It was released two days ago. For Flightscenery have a look at their Rhode Island Airport. Outstanding scenery with very little hit on framerate. The Rhode Island scenery covers a few smaller airports as well. They also have a freeware offering on their site. You can't go wrong with these. My only warning is that if you go with FlyTampa's earlier releases of Tampa Intl, Miami Intl, or San Diego then know that they used older designtechniques to create those and framerate might not be as good as their later offerings depending on your system specs.
skydvdan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwr014 wrote:
didnt we talk about that before Smile

Cloud 9 Amsterdam (EHAM) Razz

See topic: question about FS9

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutions.com

That seems kind of like a biased recommendation. Laughing Wink
skydvdan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl wrote:
Hi there, you could try this link, http://www.megascenery.com/

But remember detailed files could affect your frame rate.

Good Luck,

Karl
B737NG Builder

But Karl he said the "most realistic airport scenery".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i should have done a search first you are right franz.
yeah only after the best airport.
so that taxiing is a pleasure and all looks impressive.
i am going to try the fly tampa big us airports then the dutch one that franz said was good.
i will get the mediteranean ones too.
thank you to all.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice airport franz but too heavy on the frames even with my p4 3.1 gig nvidia 6600gt and 1 meg ram.
great airport but as i said.

boston seems the best for me at this stage.
Karl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that Dan Very Happy

Regards,

Karl
B737NG Builder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: