Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

InterfaceIT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian P.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: InterfaceIT Reply with quote

Peter

Hi!! Hey any update on InterfaceIT?

Brian
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Tempting... Reply with quote

I am tempted to start talking but I want more than anything to be truly ready to knock the socks off people first. Brent is now checking through the latest chipset and that is with the boards. They arrived a week ago.
We will have the "Glare" module first. This is pretty feature packed and the "interface" software wil be pretty exciting...
Its taken a long time no question. I am glad that he is being this picky. We need a solid setup for alot of sims out here and I know he can deliver. I have asked that he be 100% sure on the hardware side as we can always make changes in the software side.
I have a lot to discuss on this topic and I will make a dedicated forum for interfaceIT once we are ready to go.
As an aside, I am totally understanding if builders feel the need to take a different route on the interface approach. Its been a long wait here. My true hope is that when it arrives it will have been worth that wait.
PC

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Peter! And I'll be waiting Smile
Brian
markt

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: InterfaceIT Reply with quote

I was truely tempted to go another route but instead have decided to wait, as I am sure it will be worth it. By the way how loong of a line am I in right now?
LOL...
Mark
RickS

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

You're in line right behind me! LOL! Just kidding! I too am patiently waiting for InterfaceIT to be released. I am not a programmer and don't want to learn to be one. I want a system that is user friendly and easy to interface without a lot of programming. InterfaceIT has the promise of doing that. I see some issues with other systems out there that are due to a pre-mature release of the product without the correct hardware to support the system. I personally appreciate the fact that Peter and Brent are making sure this thing works before they release it to us. I want something that works as it is advertised to when I receive it and I want support when it doesn't. This system will likely be more costly than some of the others, but if it does all it promises, I am one who is willing to pay that price. I am also willing to wait.

ricktana@charter.net
Spring, Texas
jimbo

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

What is the estimated cost to the user at this point? Sounds great!!

James
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Cost.. Reply with quote

I have to hold until I see it all land on my desk and shippable. This has been such a huge journey and being at the very end means we can introduce the entire "story" all at once. PC
Colin Turner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Interface IT Reply with quote

Hi

Any advance on the release date for the Interface IT system?
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: IT Update Reply with quote

We are running a production unit at the shop right now. All is working as expected. There are some small tweaks we want to make in a few areas and then we will have a controlled release of a dozen units or so.
Plan is to work with some builders who have patiently awaited this setup and are willing to work with us in their setups to help develop further. We can never replicate every single possibility here so the builders can play a big part in this process. I am eager as all of you to see this out as I know how long TekWorx has worked on making this a great interface.
Tekworx has also developed an Elite CDU interface controller that will be USB and allow us plug and play with that piece. This is going to be added to the Elite CDU package late this month.
PC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: