Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call me blind...and possibly annyoing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Call me blind...and possibly annyoing. Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I have decided on my 320 for numerous reasons. I thought the best thing to do now is plan the entire thing so I know what to do when I'm ready to build. I just have a question and I have looked on alot of sites and can't find the answer..so call me blind if I've missed it.

I want to know the measurements for the wood I should get cut for the FDS panels. In my position I tought to make all of the wood work first and then go on to purchasing, but if I was alot older and had a job I would do one part at a time. I know the measurements for the overhead which I found on A320Project, the article was written by Peter Cos so I assume that the measurements were for the the FDS Overhead. I really need to know what the measurements should be for the MIP, Centre pedestal (oh I found meaurements on the A320Project but below I think it said they were not correct and I do not know if they have been changed so if someone knows if they are correct that'd be great) and do the tray measurements on the A320Project fit the measurements on FDS.

I'm really sorry if I can't see it and if I'm repeating thing's already answered but I have been searching and can't find much. Smile

P.s Can someone confirm that the sections where the ECAM goes is 8 inches wide and whats the height?
efolump

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate I think the answer you will get from many people here is get your FDS panels delivered to your home before you work on the support for your MIP!
Billy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. But I still don't understand how to find out the lengths and things for the glareshield etc. I find tutorials on where to start and how to build them but they do not mencion how to attach them or know the measurements. This completetly confuses me how others know and I've been searching and can't find anything.
warvet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy,
Get the panels first then use them to base your exact measurements. Remember noone here is gonna build it for you, give advice yes but you have to do your part after all it is your project. Buy the basic panel kits from FDS first,show Peter and others that youve at least initiated an invstment and Im sure youll have alot of your questioned answered, when you get panels in hand. Personally no disrespect but a project of this magnitude, building,designing,financial etc just may be just way too much for a 14 yr old. JMO

Tim
A340
Canada
Billy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warvet wrote:
Billy,
Get the panels first then use them to base your exact measurements. Remember noone here is gonna build it for you, give advice yes but you have to do your part after all it is your project. Buy the basic panel kits from FDS first,show Peter and others that youve at least initiated an invstment and Im sure youll have alot of your questioned answered, when you get panels in hand.

Yeah..that'd explain a bunch and helps me out, and yes I know nobody will build it for me I was just baffeled how people found out. Although they are more or less the same size as the real.

Quote:
Personally no disrespect but a project of this magnitude, building,designing,financial etc just may be just way too much for a 14 yr old.

I love a challenge, my dad was a pilot so ther is where I'll get my help. He also rented a Cessna one day and I got a few climbs and altitude changes in. That's probably how I got into flying..oh and atleast I'm willing to give things ago that I like doing.

Building: Yeah, I probably couldn't do that by myself.
Designing: Probably could do it, already got a picture in mind.
Financial: It's going to be tight but I have a feeling that I can scrape through.

Let the pictures be the judge of that. Razz

Problem: Solved!

Last edited by Billy on Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
bwr014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy,

Just like already been mention above it is not a smart idea to start with the wood if you dont have the panels in your hand. Ones you have them you can see exactly how everything fit nice together and where you can mount what and how. It is the only road to take Smile

Pay attention that the side A320project is not anymore complete updated with what we have now so it is very nice to find there certain answers and things to think about but dont use the sizes that are mention there.

The panels we now have are based on 19 " screens you can also use the 16 :3 ones for the PFD/ND but ones again if you have the MIP in your hand you can see it all and lot of questions you now have will be answer in a fly Smile

Most of us all started the way you are focus now and many very nice flightdecks have come out of it where you can be proud off

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutions.com
Billy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for your help. I was thinking if they where 8'' I found some great 8'' panels but I'll go with your adivce. I have some good ideas but I'm not going to rush it, I just thought maybe doing that could of been helpful. Oh well live and learn. Starting with the MIP...after doing some planning.
dc6driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to mention something about kids taking on a big project like an airline simulator. Does anyone recall a kid named Robert Prather? He was an innovator in this field when he was in high school with project 777. Kids today for the most part are way ahead of us old farts regarding computer skills,As for the skills required for building the structure, lots of us are handicapped in that respect, that's what friend and family are for.

Regards, Fritz
Billy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was a compliment. Smile I am good when it comes to computers, with 1 website up, 1 is having a ''make over'' and the other is under construction. They are not Freeweb websites they are the proper websites with .com domain and I use Dreamweaver 8.

My problem with this project is money, the other things there will be solutions for.
melnato

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy,

Any discounts on those Villas for FDS customers? Very Happy
They look beautiful....

Nat
vidarf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy,

Please read this story.
I did start out wit just a few measurements on a bad drawing, and did think I could do things myself.
Then I discovered that I needed to buy the panels. Then I discovered that I needed to have the panels before I could build anything else.

I have gone down the "I want to do it cheap and by myself" road. I found out that it was a stupid idea. And wasted a couple of hundred bucks in the process.

You should purchase the MIP panels first. Then you can plan things better because you have some experience. And if you discover that this hobby isn't anything for you, you haven't wasted a lot of money. Smile

Good luck! And be sure to get your father into it........
Billy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

melnato wrote:
Billy,

Any discounts on those Villas for FDS customers? Very Happy
They look beautiful....

Nat

Smile It's not my website, my fathers website, I advertise his site and vice versa and we seem to get each other alot of hits.

vidarf wrote:
Billy,

Please read this story.
I did start out wit just a few measurements on a bad drawing, and did think I could do things myself.
Then I discovered that I needed to buy the panels. Then I discovered that I needed to have the panels before I could build anything else.

I have gone down the "I want to do it cheap and by myself" road. I found out that it was a stupid idea. And wasted a couple of hundred bucks in the process.

You should purchase the MIP panels first. Then you can plan things better because you have some experience. And if you discover that this hobby isn't anything for you, you haven't wasted a lot of money. Smile

Good luck! And be sure to get your father into it........

I think I will do what you and others said. It makes sense now I've thought about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: