Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Simulator
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stoney3K

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also have a look at the smaller aircraft on the market, like the ERJ-145, Fokker 100/70, CRJ or possibly a business jet like a Learjet 45 or a Citation X. Those aircraft are designed for the short haul (my favorites include a Midland flight from EHAM to EGLL on an ERJ145) and Peter has panels available for the ERJ145 and the CRJ, and the Lear 45 is under development. Best part is that software for these birds is relatively cheap (not counting PM), if you want to go the ultra-cheap route you can consider using feelThere birds and undocking displays.
Billy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I see what your saying. I would either go for a CRJ 700 or a Fokker 100 or 28 if I had to chose. I'll wait and see what appears on the list. But I don't want to go for an aircraft and there isn't alot of things to buy for it, I've learnt that from other builders.
Stoney3K

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy wrote:
Yeah, I see what your saying. I would either go for a CRJ 700 or a Fokker 100 or 28 if I had to chose. I'll wait and see what appears on the list. But I don't want to go for an aircraft and there isn't alot of things to buy for it, I've learnt that from other builders.

You can also consider that a challenge. I personally don't like buying a DSTD or a sim made in kit form that only needs to be put together.

Something like this is a multi-year project -- a project that requires careful planning and a lot of knowledge and designing on all fronts of mechanical, electrical and aeronautical engineering. Not something you can do as a hobby -- it's pretty much more of a second life than World of Warcraft Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: