Three views

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

APAK

Three views

Post by APAK »

Gentlemen ,

I am using FS9 and would like to use the three views with one projector and Wideview.
I undestand that in order to have the 3 views ( forward-left,forward,forward-right ) aligned , I have to keep the relation 4:3 . Is that correct ?
Now , about the zoom , keeping the above relation , I cannot have the zoom=1 , I got a zoom lesser that 1. Is that zoom too much out of the real thing ? Is there any way to have 3 views with zoom=1 ?

Thanks and regards

Alberto kunzel

melnato

Post by melnato »

Hmmm...3 views with one projector...not ideal, and could be very "disturbing" to the eye :?

You wont need wideview If I understand correctly, you are running one
computer and one projector. Wideview is only needed for multiple computer set-ups.

If you do mean one projector PER view, then keeping the aspect the same helps...I think 16:9 is preferable.
As for the zoom, its a very subjective thing. I need 0.8 to get 180 FOV...but thats just my set-up.

Nat

PS Wrong forum :wink:
Last edited by melnato on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

APAK

three views

Post by APAK »

Nat ,

Thanks for your input .

For you which is the better zoom to be used in my set up , I am 1.40 m from the screen and have a projection of the front view 1.70m wide.

Thanks and regards

Alberto Kunzel