Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDS OPEN HOUSE - June 4 & 5/2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: FDS OPEN HOUSE - June 4 & 5/2010 Reply with quote

Very pleased to announce that we are going to open our doors for our friends, customers, suppliers and family on the evening of June 4th. We will host a small "meet and greet" on the 4th between 5PM-10PM.

For Saturday the 5th we are having an all day event that will feature presentations and discussion on a wide range of topics. The spaces are limited here as we can accomodate only so many seats/places in the facility. If you are intersted in adding your name (please be sure you are able to attend!) please email us.

We are expecting to have a complete B777 FBPT here that is due for shipment following the event. This unit will have Sim-Avionics running on one single computer and be flyable (all going to plan of course!) We recently shipped an identical unit and a picture is linked above.
Also to be shown at the event will be our new B737NG PRO-MX MCP/EFIS units, The new PRO-MX CDUs featuring VGA LCDS and All Metal Contstruction, New PRO-MX B737NG SSTD and more.

We have a really great list of attendees confirmed and can also confirm that Nat Crea, Ivar Hestnes and Jon Boe will be representing the FDS Team here! Really pleased to have all three of the new Team Members with us. Jon Boe has been with us before working on a large B747 project but Ivar and Nat are going to be with us for the first time.

Mark and Gary from Sim-Avionics will be in attendance and presenting, Brent is booked (confirming shortly) to be with us, Steve Cos will be presenting on many of the exciting projects/stories that have gone on behind the scenes, I will likely get a few words in of course.

I am super pleased to announce that we will have a special guest speaker for the Saturday event. Joining us and speaking on his career as a Corporate Pilot and his own personal sim project will be AngusW. Angus has posted many videos and pictures of his fine project and will give us some insigths into his life in Aviation. Many thanks to Angus for blocking his time to be able to be with us.

That is it for now. Again, some limits on the number of attendees so please RSVP with us if you have not already.
All the best to everyone!
PC

Last edited by pcos on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Open House - time/date/plan Reply with quote

June 4, Friday Night 5PM -10PM – “Meet and Greet”FDS Customers, Friends and Suppliers. Food and Drinks to be served.
See a Full FDS-B777 Fixed Based Procedural Trainer (Shipping days after the event but completed)
See a new B737NG SSTD unit and all the new NG Product.
See the new PRO-MX CDUs and all our products.
Talk to the FDS Team Members

June 5, Saturday 9:30AM – 5PM
Full Day of Presentations and Discussion

Peter Cos – Opening – Covering FDS Big Picture and Forward Plan
Steve Cos – Special Projects Presentation (Showing/Discussing Projects Not seen on the FDS webpage)
Jon Boe (Project Overview/Custom B747 PM Systems Work)

Mark Hastings – Sim-Avionics (A comprehensive look at Sim-A architecture and design approach)
Nat Crea (Project Overview/Contrcat Work in Aus/Sol7 Visuals)
Ivar Hestnes – (Project Overview and Discussion on “Visual System Basics”)

Our “Key Note” Speaker will be AngusW. Corporate Pilot and avid Sim Builder. Sharing his professional experiences and personal project.

6PM – Dinner
Location/details to be determined but expect a great time with your peers and FDS Crew.

Last edited by pcos on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ivar Hestnes

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to this.

Hope you show up guys!!!!!
Smile
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Airport - Pick up - Getting to FDS Reply with quote

Folks,
We are working on having someone available at certain times to run people up to FDS from Pearson Airport, as well as getting them back to the Airport.
I need to have folks email Steve Cos on this please. If you have your flight info, email to Steve and he wil check to see if we can help you. Not sure we can handle everyone based on logistics but we will try.
Saves on the rental car thing for sure.
Here is a map for those that need:

Karl

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will have to try and make this one, now how do I tell the wife Smile
melnato

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl....just book it, then tell her....I did Smile

Nat
Karl

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil YES! YES! YES! I MUST, I MUST Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I'm just going out dear, I wont be long!!!
N737AG

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nat - you followed my suggestion. Great. Did the same thing with my wife and guess what ... I got no complaints at all !

My darling wife always asks what all those computers on the sim are needed for. I told her that the event at FDS is a seminar to learn to program them all. Liar

Well, yesterday she came home with a really nice rack where I can finally place them in an orderly and organized way.
Paul M

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, you could just bring her???
There is a lot to do in the Toranto area.

Just a thought Wink

Paul M
Tomlin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul M wrote:
Or, you could just bring her???
There is a lot to do in the Toranto area.

Just a thought Wink

Paul M

Didnt work for me. I tried 3 times to convince her that'd be a great little vacation for the two of us and well worth the money to fly up there and back for the weekend. I told Peter earlier this week, and he said (and I mean with a totally serious voice) "Let me talk to her". I was silent for a moment and laughed it off. I have a feeling I would be sleeping out in my Lear hangar for a few nights afterward. Smile

I really am excited for all who get to go though!

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
Paul M

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let him try, after all he is in the business of selling, right?
It will be worth a try.

Paul M
XOrionFE

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife gave me her typical reply of "whatever....".

Still haven't figured out if that is a yes or no but in almost 20 years of marriage I always went for the yes and haven't been kicked out yet!

Of course I always know it will cost me later....

I'll see you all there and looking forward to it!

Scott

Thank you FDS for putting this on and inviting us!
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Ha! Reply with quote

You guys kill me...! Smile
PC
W9XE/Project777

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Today is the day Reply with quote

Today is the start of a big weekend for FDS. Sorry I could not be there Crying or Very sad I would really like to see the B777 FBPT setup.

Hope to see some YouTube video links posted this weekend Cool

I have a feeling there will be a lot of smiles coming out of the FDS facility this weekend. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bluskydriver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Video recording of speakers and youtube video??? Reply with quote

Hey PC and Steve,

I am still here. I am like an old penny turning up every now and then...

I hope the Open House is a great success this weekend. Sadly, I wanted to come, but I was not able to get my new van ready in time to drive up from Wisconsin. As I just got the new van yesterday and now have to wait for the wheelchair stuff to be added (likely two months).

It's still in my plans to visit you this year. Maybe, it'll be August or September...

Anyway, I was wondering, will you be posting any videos or photos from the Open House? By chance will you be streaming it or making a youtube posting? It would be nice to watch, as I'd a least get to see Steve and yourself, plus all the regular guys who are into simming; as well as, those who were able to come to the event.

Finally, thanks for hosting the Open House.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: