Joined: 18 Jan 2006
|Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:47 pm Post subject: Did You Know ? : Installer Information
|1) Most of the time to apply a new software version you simply need to run the Installer on all of your sim computers.
2) In general you can NOT mix program versions. Everything must be running the same version number.
3) All of the Sim-A files are held in the \Sim-Avionics folder with one exception which is \Windows\System32\AVIONICS_IPC.dll
4) If you want to roll back to a previous version then run the old installer and manually copy the \TCP_Client\AVIONICS_IPC.dll to \Windows\System32
6) The Installer mainly contains just the new .exe files.
7) If a config file is missing then the application will regenerate a new one.
7) NO EXISTING CONFIG FILES ARE MODIFIED BY THE INSTALLER.
(This is why on some updates the release notes state that aircraft config files should be deleted to allow the Server to regenerate new one's.)
8) Nav Data is obtained from www.navigraph.com and the extracted nd.mdb should be placed in \Sim-Avionics\Navigation_Data on ALL sim computers.
9) Terrain .mdb files should be placed in the \Sim-Avionics\Terrain
10) It's normally more CPU efficient to run multiple versions of the AVIONICS.exe. Three instances of avionics.exe running one display each, rather than one avionics.exe displaying 3 screens.
Therefore you can simply copy the \Avionics folder and create:
Then run all 3 Avionics.exe's
(More detail on creating Startup routines will be provided in a seperate thread)