No Radios or Engine Starters in P3D V3 (Resolved)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

MarkHastings

No Radios or Engine Starters in P3D V3 (Resolved)

Post by MarkHastings »

I've recently had this situation on a couple of installations of P3D v3 that I felt I should share, incase anyone else has the same problem.

The symptoms are the ILS (777) and Nav1 and Nav2 (737) stop working at some point during the flight.
Also, if the aircraft is parked on the ground for a while (> 15mins) the engines will no longer start.

The reason for this is because the internal battery in FS runs out. This is required for the radios and starters to run in the background.
FSUIPC has an 'Infinite Battery' feature under the Misc tab and it should be enabled, but this appears to not be working on some P3D installations. A Simconnect error can be seen in the FSUIPC error log.

A solution is to make a couple of changes in the aircraft.cfg found in :
\Sim-Avionics 777-200ER\
\Sim-Avionics 737-800 Winglets\

Add or modify these lines in the 'electrical' section and save.

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 30.0
generator_alternator_voltage = 115.0
max_generator_alternator_amps = 400.0
electric_always_available = 1
light_panel = 2, 2, 1.0

You will need to reload the aircraft or restart FS for it to take affect.

For me this fixed the problem.
I will talk to Pete Dowson to see if we can fine the reason why the Infinite Battery appears to not be functioning correctly on some installations.
Last edited by MarkHastings on Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

vaidorge

Post by vaidorge »

Many thanks Mark

slider

Post by slider »

I will try this !!!

787 George

Post by 787 George »

Have not had that error Mark but I rarely sit at the gate that long but good to know info. I'll make the changes after this flight I am on, thanks!

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

I'm not sure if it's happening on every setup...
Maybe it's linked to the installed FSUIPC version?? I'm not sure yet.
However this fixed the 2 occasions that I saw it happening.
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

slider

Post by slider »

Thanks !!!

I can now start engines on p3d !!!!

Many thanks.

I have to find a solution now for the yoke plug directly on the sim avionics computer.

vaidorge

Post by vaidorge »

Hi

I have now radionav on and start engine.

Thanks

Emmanuel

PatSim

Post by PatSim »

I also had a similar problem which seems to have been repaired by changing my aircraft.cfg to the recommend changes. I'm curious why the max_generator__alternator_amps=90 is changed to =400? The IDG (Intergrated Drive Generator) is rated a 3phase 115vac @400hz, 90kva which is 260 amps Line-Neutral or 452 amps Line-Line.
Pat
KSAN
DSTD-737, Full Shell, 3x82� 4K Samsung 7D OLED, 9900ks, 2080ti water cooled.
X-Plane 11, B738 ZiboMod, ZHSI, FDStoXP