YOKE INSTALLATION / Button Assignments (Resolved)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

MichaelYSSY

Post by MichaelYSSY »

Chris

Have you tried to assign the A/P Disconnect (551) to another button, like say the A/T button on the TQ.

Might see if it's a hardware or software thing?

Michael

Banananav

Post by Banananav »

Mike

A/T Disconnect (563) works on both the yoke and the TQ.

A/P Disconnect (551) works on neither.

So, does look like a software issue.

I'll let you know what Peter Dowson comes back with.

Chris
Chris Finn

Jetmax 737-800 & TQ
MX MCP & EFIS
P3D 4.5 HotFix2
S-A 1.966
FSUIPC 5.155

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

Hi Chris,

We use these functions all the time so I don't think there is a code problem.
Also if you are able to program A/T Disconnect (563) then there isn't a problem with the Multifunction offsets assignment or FSUIPC.

I can only suggest that you take a closer look at the FSUIPC Button assignment.
Check that you've used OFFSET_WORD_SET
Check that the offset has an x in front of it : x53DB
Check that you enter the parameter 551 without an x. When you go back in FSUIPC will convert 551 to hex (x227).

Perhaps send me some screen shots of the FSUIPC Button assignments tab. (AP Disc and Elev Trim) to support@sim-avionics.com

It must be something simple.... Now we just need to find out what it is !! :wink:
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

glex9078

Post by glex9078 »

Mark,

I have this same issue with the elevator trim setting. All others work as advertised. I get the trim to work by selecting elevator trim up/down vs the offset you suggest. The problem doing it this way is that the trim moves way to fast but at least it works!

John

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

Hi John,

For simplicity the 'Jetmax' version has a few preset options, and no direct access to the FSUIPC interface (as it's not required).

So you are assigning the trim correctly.

I'll make a change to allow the 'Jetmax' version to take advantage of the x53F4 trim offset.
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

Banananav

Post by Banananav »

Hi Mark

Email on way to you.

Topic closed from my perspective.

Many thanks to all who've tried to help.

Chris
Chris Finn

Jetmax 737-800 & TQ
MX MCP & EFIS
P3D 4.5 HotFix2
S-A 1.966
FSUIPC 5.155

VE3ORE

Not really resolved - More trim control feedback.

Post by VE3ORE »

Hi contributors to this string.

I don’t think this should be marked as resolved, unless Chris you have fixed it in which case some more info here would be appreciated.

I have experienced, still experience, exactly all the well described challenges with trying to get the trim switches to function. Same setup as you Chris, Jet max and an Ace yoke. Identical issue.

All my multifunction stuff on x53DB work fine. Its x53F4 for elevator trim switches that is not working.

I have spent a long time on this and basically gave up a while ago so would love to know if it’s resolved. My yoke switch for AP disconnect on x53DB works fine by the way.

Banananav

ACE YOKE TRIM SWITCHES

Post by Banananav »

Hi VE3ORE

The issue is resolved, sort of !

The FSUIPC AT disconnect offset works and tests on the ground.

The AP disconnect works IN THE AIR but doesn't test on the ground.

The elevator trim offsets are not enabled in the JETMAX version of S-A. I received an email from Mark to this effect. We shall have to wait for 1.60 to see if it is incorporated.

I am no longer concerned about this as I have decided to keep FSX Controllers enabled so I can use a keypad to switch my external views - I have a 3-screen visual and this enables me to check the side and quarter views before pushback and line-up for example.

Yours

Chris
Chris Finn

Jetmax 737-800 & TQ
MX MCP & EFIS
P3D 4.5 HotFix2
S-A 1.966
FSUIPC 5.155

VE3ORE

Post by VE3ORE »

Thanks Chris,

I will stop trying to fix this issue then. I guess when people comment that they have had no issue we have to be sure if its a JetMax version they are using.

I have a Razor keypad device that I will assign to trim duties for the time being.

Andy

VE3ORE

Post by VE3ORE »

Chris, just updated to V1.7 and the trim now works as we expected so I think this is definitely resolved now.

Thanks Mark

Andy

Banananav

YOKE TRIM ISSUES

Post by Banananav »

Andy

V1.7 - Excellent news - and on my birthday too !

Chris
Chris Finn

Jetmax 737-800 & TQ
MX MCP & EFIS
P3D 4.5 HotFix2
S-A 1.966
FSUIPC 5.155