ERROR CDU Failed to set data for 'Width" (RESOLVED)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

belisba

ERROR CDU Failed to set data for 'Width" (RESOLVED)

Post by belisba »

Configuration: Windows 10 Pro (x2 PCs networked)
AVIONICS PC (Sim-Avionics ver 1.70)
Monitor 1: PFD/ND
Monitor 2: Upper Engine Display/EICAS
Monitor 3: CDU
Monitor 4: Lower Display/MFD

SIMULATOR PC (P3Dv4 w latest patch)
737-800 ver1.4
Monitor 1: Main Desktop
2 Projectors (Monitors 2 & 3; EyeFinity, Immersive Display Pro)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been experiencing the following ERROR message showing up on my desktop AFTER closing all clients using the JetMax Server interface window:

ERROR - Sim-Avionics: CDU "Failed to set data for 'Width'

What can I do to resolve this error?

Thank you!
Last edited by belisba on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

gsumner

Post by gsumner »

Seems your ini file for this panel is read only so when it closes down it can't write back any changes you may have made.

Graham

belisba

Post by belisba »

Thanks gsumner,

Turned out the ini file wasn't read only and permissions are set fine.

I had originally closed this issue out thinking I had fixed it by changing the compatibility mode, however, on subsequent reboot the issue returned and I have been living with it ever since.

The error message doesn't affect anything really, just an annoying fault window that has to be closed every time I close the servers.

Any suggestions would be worth a try.

Brad B.

737 JetMax (Single Seat)
Windows 10 Pro
FDS CDU
SIM-A 1.70
737-800 1.4

belisba

Post by belisba »

Thought I'd let everyone know this issue was resolved after I installed ver. 1.80 on my Avionics-PC. I'll close this out in the title.

Brad-Texas
737 JetMax (Single Seat)
Windows 10 Pro
FDS CDU
SIM-A 1.80
737-800 1.80