Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eicas disappears

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABQ737EXP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Eicas disappears Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am having an issue with the upper eicas. When I boot the eicas.exe, it appears like it should and then the screen he's black. If I ht alt-enter then it reappears without further incident. None of the other abionics have this issue. Any one see this before? Any ideas?

Jamie C
Abq737exp
Tankleader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Eicas disappears Reply with quote

ABQ737EXP wrote:
Hello all,

I am having an issue with the upper eicas. When I boot the eicas.exe, it appears like it should and then the screen he's black. If I ht alt-enter then it reappears without further incident. None of the other abionics have this issue. Any one see this before? Any ideas?

Jamie C
Abq737exp

I am having the same issue, but mine ends with a Sim Avionics error message saying program has stopped working and then the EICAS shuts down. This happened after I did a systems and graphics update. However only the EICAS screen shutsdown.

Thanks
Andreas J. Elesky
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What GFX cards are you now using.?
ABQ737EXP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gtx 1070.

I think I might have a fix, I went into the config file and changed the full screen option to 1. Which didn't work, but when I changed it back to 0 it now does what it is supposed to. I'll play with it tonight and get back to you guys.
Jamie
Tankleader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: EICAS Solved Reply with quote

I rolled back my NVIDIA drivers and everything worked once again.

Thanks
Andreas Elesky
Fred

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some findings and resolutions surrounding all this......

I have SimA running on two computers. I have one that is dedicated to the center display cluster: 2 CDUs, EICAS, MFD. The other runs the Server and all else SimA. I prefer to do it that way since I display VPilot on the lower part of the EICAS and can use the mouse/keyboard conveniently for inputs (the MFD display is assigned as the main display in this arrangement).

Regarding the "disappearing" (blank) displays....I found the same thing for the MFD module which resides on the primary display. Actually I found that any module that resides on the primary display for a remote computer will be blank. However, move the module to another display on that same computer and it will work. What I found though is that if you subtract one unit from the module display height in the display.ini that will fix the issue. So for example, if you are running a 1024 x 768 display simply simply set the display height as 767. Seems to work for any resolution you select. The module then displays as normal. Sort of weird but it works.

For v1.80 my EICAS module (that resides on my non-server computer) consistently crashes after 1-2 minutes. That happens even when all else is at rest. The MFD and CDU modules on the same computer are not a problem whatsoever. However if I connect that same EICAS display to the SimA server computer all is fine. So there seems to be an issue with regard to the EICAS module running on a different computer than the server. For the time being I simply have it running on the server computer.

Fred K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: