FDS Yokes, Tilles, Rudder Pedals - no reaction

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

marc.koch

FDS Yokes, Tilles, Rudder Pedals - no reaction

Post by marc.koch »

I am using yokes and pedals from FDS (mechanically linked) and also its tiller, all controlled by one USB card. Sim-A sysboard is detecting it, and also able to calibrate it. But FSUIPC and Sim-A Server do not recognize any of its movements. It can't detect any "joystick". So far, i can't control any axis of my B737. No axis arranged in P3D V4. What am i doing wrong?
Marc Koch / FDS B737-800 FBPT

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Shouldn't they be plugged USB direct into the FS computer, recognized in windows and calibrated in FSUIPC?
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

crazydunc

Post by crazydunc »

Marc,

Have you checked the Axis Assigned in SYSBoard Controller boxes in the SA Server? ("Flight Controls - Flight Controls Config 1" Page)

Dunc
Regards,

Dunc

Winstonc

Post by Winstonc »

jackpilot wrote:Shouldn't they be plugged USB direct into the FS computer, recognized in windows and calibrated in FSUIPC?
That’s certainly how I have them and setupin FSUIPC not sim-a.

David

crazydunc

Post by crazydunc »

Winstonc wrote:
jackpilot wrote:Shouldn't they be plugged USB direct into the FS computer, recognized in windows and calibrated in FSUIPC?
That’s certainly how I have them and setupin FSUIPC not sim-a.

David
I am running them via the SysBoard Controller, so it definitely is a valid configuration method :)

Dunc
Regards,

Dunc

marc.koch

Post by marc.koch »

Seems to work now. Sysboard and p3d all axis cleared, Server "external controls" unchecked, USB plugged to p3d, FSUIPC ok. Thank you all, it works. :)
only rudder axis has a wrong null zone (also after calibrating), and elevator makes very small moves. But i come closer. Thank you
Marc Koch / FDS B737-800 FBPT