Overhead configuration - 737

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

memeyer

Overhead configuration - 737

Post by memeyer »

I have a question regarding the configuration of the overhead panel in my sim. Essentially, I have built my own overhead panel and it is working. The problem I have is that my panel contains individual switches for the lights (L Retract and R Retract, for example), whereas it appears that the Sim-Avionics plane has these switches consolidated into one switch operating both lights. When I go to assign my switches through Sim-Avionics both lights light up when I throw either switch. How can I change the configuration so that these discrete assignments will be reflected in the sim. That is, each light comes on with each separate switch throw.

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

You can't currently do that.
The switches can be assigned separately but it's a limitation of the VC model that the L and R lights are paired.
So you can control Fixed, Retract and Turnoff lights, but the L+R are paired together.
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

memeyer

Post by memeyer »

Thanks for your very quick reply.

I assume that will be the case with the entire panel then? For example, I have switches for all the individual fuel pumps, etc. Basically, it is a replica of an actual 737. Is there any other solution? Is it possible to edit the VC model?

Thanks again,
Malcolm

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Fuel pumps work individually, hydraulics, pneumatics also etc

Besides, in real flight why would you light up from just one side of the airplane except to wink at your darling who waits for you at the end of the runway.
\:D/

PS: The classics had even a flap which allowed simultaneous switching on all lights
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

Just to confirm...
ALL switches can be addressed individually.
It purely just the landing light simulation in P3D that has the L+R paired.
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

memeyer

Post by memeyer »

Mark:

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the help.

Jean Louis

Post by Jean Louis »

it's true what Jack says but we can wonder why Boeing has installed a switch per side?
JetMax 737/Sim Avionics 1.96
P3DV4.5
Overhead JetMax/yoke ACE
MCP/Efis and complete pedestal CPflight
FSC Throttle motorised
Rudder pedals Sismo soluciones

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Probably because it allows two different circuits so in case one fails for whatever reason you have a back-up.

Here is the flap which pushes down all four light switches together in one shot
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)