Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xplane 11 Progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Xplane 11 Progress Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Well, persistence pays off this go around. Took about a week to get under control, but I got it!

I now have the following setup inside XP11.

1. Steering is very nice now, prior to making a few edits inside plane maker it was almost impossible to steer the 737NG from EADT.

2. Pitch on short final would try and slam the aircraft into the ground, that has been fixed as well.

3. A few other small issues like the toe brake, rudder pedals and reversers throwing the aircraft all over the place when spooling the engines down. These issues are now corrected.

This is just with Xplane11 stand alone Sim-Avionics has been turned off. Now it's time to move into Sim-Avionics and see what can be done.

The feel of the aircraft while in the air seems so much nicer than P3D, it's hard to explain you have to experience it for yourself. It almost has that small Cessna feel on short final the way she wants to drift.

I'll keep you posted of future progress.

Mike
Winstonc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,

are you running x-plane "out of the box" or do you have any add-ons or plug-ins loaded?

David
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Right now I'm working on Zibo's 737 mod aircraft, I like the feel over the EADT model. I'm running the 737 with all the plugins that came with the ZIBO mod except the following.

1. B737.calc
2. B737.fms
3. B738.LATLON
4. B738.glarsheild

I've also made some changes to the aircraft itself via plane maker. Right now I'm trying the PMDG 737 config file that came with SimA. I noticed one or two of the configs screws up the speed tape. But it looks like I can get around that issue. Not sure if I'm going to use this file or check the FSX.cfg next.

I also decided to use FSX keyboard commands inside XP11 over xplane keyboard commands. I just figured it would make it easier jumping to XP from P3D.

Since updating to 1.9, my MCP is going crazy again. I'll have to try and remember how I fixed it the last go around. On a bright note, I do have my rudder back again.

Mike
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Completely stuck with the setup today. Now I'm getting a syntax, filename or folder error. All I did was boot up today after finishing up the exterior lights late last night, go figure. XP11 is one fickle program, I though MSFS was bad. This is proving to be WELL above what I've seen in MSFS.

I'm going to ask in the XP forum if anyone offers a service in setting up FSUIPC to XP11 dataref/command, at this point I'm willing to pay to convert over to XP11 if this service is available out there. I cannot go back to P3D, not after what I've seen what this sim can do!

Right now I'm grounded but I'm still chugging along, I'll keep you posted if I make any headway. In the mean time I'll see if I can figure out this syntax error I've created somehow. Can't see how working on XP11 aircraft lighting would cause Sim-Avionics 1.9 to start giving me these errors.

Time for lunch Very Happy
Winstonc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much fun 😏
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Decided to take a short break from tinkering, so I decided to take a short hop in XP11. KORD to KMSP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RQs3bEMN1k
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: