Can't see system board (Resolved)

A forum for open discussions. Feel free to discuss any and all elements of Flightdeck Building. NB: This section is for individual builders to openly discuss issues that may or may not pertain to FDS. Organizations/Political Groups or Commercial Entities Will require approval prior to posting. Prior Approval From FDS required prior to posting items for sale. No Exceptions.

Moderators: Curtis, Jetcos

jemac3

Can't see system board (Resolved)

Post by jemac3 »

Afternoon,
I have a JetMax that uses the FDS-Interface IT SYS3 board.
I started my Avionics PC and noticed the CDU was dead. Checked the power and all connections and no issues. I went to the system board and everything was red and said missing? I have no MCP etc. is the power supply ac or dc voltage and what are the acceptable tolerance? I hope its not the board. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jimmy Mac

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Check all USB connections (both ends) as all the devices plugged into the SYSBoard Controller should show up.
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

jemac3

Post by jemac3 »

Hi Steve,
Yep checked all those. I have it going into the recommended d-link hub and all looks good. I check the 12 v power supply (on DC setting) and am getting .012

jemac3

Post by jemac3 »

Just tested the power supply again and it is 12 v so it is good.

So verified USB connections, Power supply. Is there any test I can do to check the board?

Thanks,
Jim

Jetcos

Post by Jetcos »

Hi Jim,

Go here:

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

Do you see any devices there? Possible the Drivers didn't load correctly when plugged in?

Only 3 places to check for devices.

SYSBoard Controller
Control Panel
Device Manager

Plug the card into a laptop and see if it loads the drivers and shows up there? Or the P3D PC?
Steve Cos
Vice President and Tech Support
Flightdeck Solutions (FDS)

jemac3

Post by jemac3 »

Steve,
Didn't follow your 1st suggestion through (point to point) and replace the USB cable. Just replaced and now everything is back.

Thanks for you help

Jimmy Mac