Custom Push Back Feature (Resolved)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

HarryZ

Custom Push Back Feature (Resolved)

Post by HarryZ »

When I had v 1.85 and tried to use the custom push back feature within the CDU, the A/C would bounce immediately and high into the air, come crashing down and do this several times before finally settling down. I would lose all of my CDU take off input.

I just loaded V 1.91 and now the A/C does a slow and steady climb as it pushes back from the gate.

The P3D push back feature works OK with SHFT + P.

Any ideas as to what is happening here? Thanks.

Harry
Harry

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Double assignment with slew key ????
never happened here...
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

HarryZ

Post by HarryZ »

Thanks Jack...I'll check that one out....
Harry

Nav3pilot

Post by Nav3pilot »

I have the same problem, but so far only at FS Dream Team KCLT airport. I tried another FSDT airport (KLAX) and had no problems there or at a default airport. During push back at KCLT the aircraft rises and falls, as described, but also does some rolls. The view out the window is pretty spectacular! I've been putting off installing 1.91 until I get this sorted out, so I'm still running 1.85.

Bill

HarryZ

Custom Push Back Feature

Post by HarryZ »

Jack...tried removing the Y slew key in assignments but that didn't change the problem.

Do you happen to know what keystroke command the CDU custom push back uses to start the push?

Also, with 1.91, the Shift + P entry causes a painfully slow push which didn't happen in 1.85.
Harry

HarryZ

Custom Push Back Feature

Post by HarryZ »

Bill,

I had your problem in 1.85 and it was indeed quite something to watch the a/c fly all over the place. That's gone in 1.91 but it has been replaced by a slow climb after being pushed back about 25 feet from the gate.
Harry

HarryZ

Post by HarryZ »

jackpilot wrote:Double assignment with slew key ????
never happened here...
Jack,

it wasn't the slew key causing the conflict...it was a double entry of the SHFT + P key. Once I removed that in P3D, the custom push back feature in the CDU is working just fine.
Harry

Nav3pilot

Post by Nav3pilot »

I updated all my FSDT airports and GSX software today and then did a successful push back at KCLT (It was pretty dull without all the aerobatics). I'm hoping the issue is resolved. I'll gather some more data points before I declare victory.

Bill

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

That's gone in 1.91 but it has been replaced by a slow climb after being pushed back about 25 feet from the gate.
Harry - I'm assuming you meant Turn
Check the values on the the Server > Aircraft Details > Aircraft Options Tab.

Pushback Speed = 6
Pushback Turn Rate = 45
Pushback Connection Bounce = 4
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

HarryZ

Post by HarryZ »

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately I did not see your reply in October but only viewed it today.

After I upgraded to P3D v 4.4 a couple of months ago I thought the problem had disappeared but sure enough the last couple of times I tried the custom push back feature in Sim A, the a/c slowly went into the air like it was on a ramp. When I hit the reset button on the CDU, the a/c stayed in the air and refused to come back down to the ramp. I had to close everything.

So today I used your numbers and everything worked just fine! Go figure. Does it matter whether the Shift +P number combo within the P3D control options exists? And what mechanism within P3D does Sim A use to handle the custom push back function?

Many thanks.

Harry
Harry

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

The custom pushback has nothing to do with P3D's (shift+P) pushback.
It's programmed independently, which is why you have control over the pushback speed and turn rate etc.
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics