Capt. & F/O Exterior Views - Checking For Skewness

A showcase of Projects based around Flightdeck Solutions customers. FDS customers are welcome to post their work.
Please contact pcos@flightdecksolutions.com for photo updating and posting if you require assistance.

Moderator: Jetcos

Michael_B767_ATP

Capt. & F/O Exterior Views - Checking For Skewness

Post by Michael_B767_ATP »

Hi Everyone,

With all of the testing I've done in Xplane11, I never tested both the Captain's and First Officer's views to determine if they were/are skewed in any way.

This is what my setup looks like flying from both Capt. and F/O seats. I place the camera directly behind both yokes for testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbMlVlql7YE

Mike

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

Hard to tell.
Ideally it should be 2 cameras running at the same time on the same landing
...?
(impressive scenery and fluidity)
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi Jack,

Yeah, I don't have another really good camera. It's also hard to fly and get the camera in front of the yoke and seat on a tripod at the same time. :D

She runs real smooth with more data being pushed than FSX or P3D. I could never use parked aircraft and/or AI car traffic in P3D or FSX without MAJOR texture loads and/or stutters.

Mike

Jblas320

Post by Jblas320 »

jackpilot wrote:Hard to tell.
Ideally it should be 2 cameras running at the same time on the same landing
...?
(impressive scenery and fluidity)
Good point.

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi,

For others viewing the video a side by side, same flight would be nice. Just don't have the ability to perform the tests and fly at the same time.

Just keep in mind aside from the video, I sat in both seats. I know the FO side is better on my flat screens than what I've seen in a wrap, FO side that is.

I wonder if someone with a wrap could get a video from the FO side with the camera between the yoke and the seat, maybe I just looked at a wrap that wasn't setup correctly? If the skew is as bad as what I've seen, it should be clearly visible even without a side-by-side.

I'm just happy that someone can sit in my right seat and put her on the numbers without that skewed look. If it's there, it's not bad.

You know, in the years the deck has been here. This is the FIRST TIME I flew her from the FO side and set her down. I sat in the FO seat while friends enjoyed themselves, but never really flew her.

I also learned something else. When you don't use your muscles on a regular basis... It can be tough on the arms.

THAT YOKE IS HEAVY! :D