Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Capt. & F/O Exterior Views - Checking For Skewness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Capt. & F/O Exterior Views - Checking For Skewness Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

With all of the testing I've done in Xplane11, I never tested both the Captain's and First Officer's views to determine if they were/are skewed in any way.

This is what my setup looks like flying from both Capt. and F/O seats. I place the camera directly behind both yokes for testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbMlVlql7YE

Mike
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell.
Ideally it should be 2 cameras running at the same time on the same landing
...?
(impressive scenery and fluidity)
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jack,

Yeah, I don't have another really good camera. It's also hard to fly and get the camera in front of the yoke and seat on a tripod at the same time. Very Happy

She runs real smooth with more data being pushed than FSX or P3D. I could never use parked aircraft and/or AI car traffic in P3D or FSX without MAJOR texture loads and/or stutters.

Mike
Jblas320

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackpilot wrote:
Hard to tell.
Ideally it should be 2 cameras running at the same time on the same landing
...?
(impressive scenery and fluidity)

Good point.
Michael_B767_ATP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

For others viewing the video a side by side, same flight would be nice. Just don't have the ability to perform the tests and fly at the same time.

Just keep in mind aside from the video, I sat in both seats. I know the FO side is better on my flat screens than what I've seen in a wrap, FO side that is.

I wonder if someone with a wrap could get a video from the FO side with the camera between the yoke and the seat, maybe I just looked at a wrap that wasn't setup correctly? If the skew is as bad as what I've seen, it should be clearly visible even without a side-by-side.

I'm just happy that someone can sit in my right seat and put her on the numbers without that skewed look. If it's there, it's not bad.

You know, in the years the deck has been here. This is the FIRST TIME I flew her from the FO side and set her down. I sat in the FO seat while friends enjoyed themselves, but never really flew her.

I also learned something else. When you don't use your muscles on a regular basis... It can be tough on the arms.

THAT YOKE IS HEAVY! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Customer Project Updates All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: