Variations on ILS courses

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

Daniel Estrada

Post by Daniel Estrada »

Mark, Michael and every one that has posted his toughts, THANK YOU...! I see this is more complicated than I can imagine.

Banananav, it wasn't my intention to open the Pandora Box...! :) :) But you cant deny its a good challenge...!

Also, I will try the FSaerodata app

Thank you again
Last edited by Daniel Estrada on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Estrada
Mexico City

JetMax 737 SKTQ
ACE B737 Yoke
CH Pedals

PC1-P3D
Asus Maximus IX Code, CPU Intel i7, 7700K, Gskill,3200 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1080ti,

PC2-Sim-Avionics

180° Screen, 3 Optoma GT1080 Projectors

787 George

Post by 787 George »

Thanks Mark for an excellent explanation and thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. I have wondered about this for quite some time and I'm learning a bunch about it.

George
JetMax 737 SKTQ, Overhead, Pedestal. Precision Flight Controls Yoke & Rudder Pedals, Atari800 XL and Commodore 64 Computers

jackpilot
Site Admin

Post by jackpilot »

My failsafe method is to go first to the destination airport, open the map and write down all navaids freq. and bearings.
Not high-tech but works :roll:
Jack
Full B737-800 DSTD/Sim-Avionics P3d4
ALL FDS & OEMs (+custom TQ)

Rigilkent

Post by Rigilkent »

Although aero.sors does not update add-on airports, aero.sors has a very useful tool that allows to manually edit individual bgl files for ILS and other navaids.
The cool thing about it is that it automatically determines for which there is a discrepancy between the airac file and the bgl.
And you can easily edit it.
You have to do it manually, but it is ’ike adding another relative quick pre-flight check and procedure when needed...
Andrea
Jetmax 777
FDS-MX-OH -- MCP-MX

gsumner

Post by gsumner »

Just picking up on this guys.

Do you suggest I wait for version 1.94 or do which updates ?

Thanks

Graham

benjiminus

Great info!!

Post by benjiminus »

omera60 wrote:Hi,

You need to update your airport database in Sim-A. From the LatestVersionInfo.txt in the Sim-A Documentation folder:

# New program - \Navigation_Data\Build_Position_Database.exe
Used to build a position database of runways and gates based on your custom scenery.

1) Copy \Navigation_Data\makerwys.exe to Main Flightsim folder and execute.
2) Copy the resulting r5.csv and g5.csv back to \Navigation_Data
3) Run Build_Position_Database.exe

I had the same issue as you but after doing this it is solved.

How often should I do this, every AIRAC update?
B-
Inspire or Retire