ToD Sima 1.93 (closed)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

vaidorge

ToD Sima 1.93 (closed)

Post by vaidorge »

Hello

First of all, I wish you a happy new year and wish you all the best for your wishes.

I have an issue for ToD, i have right information on ND. At the top, my thrust is reduced to idle for beginning descent but nothing, i have to force the descent by apply alt intv?.

Do i miss something?.

Many thanks to all

Have a nice day

Emmanuel.
Last edited by vaidorge on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

Once you reach your Cruise Altitude you should be in VNAV PTH.
Prior to TOD you should select a lower altitude, this will allow VNAV to descend on the VNAV descent profile.

If you have (for example) entered a cruise altitude of 24000 and set 23000 on the MCP, VNAV will level off at 23000 and enter VNAV ALT mode.
(This is the VNAV equivalent of ALT HOLD) .
If you remain in VNAV ALT mode VNAV will not descend you at TOD until you release it by pressing ALT INTV.

If you are at your entered cruise altitude (24000) and the MCP Altitude equals the cruise altitude (24000) and you're in VNAV ALT mode, pressing ALT INTV will switch it to VNAV PTH.
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

vaidorge

Post by vaidorge »

Hi Mark

Many thanks.

My case concerned the point 1 :
"Once you reach your Cruise Altitude you should be in VNAV PTH.
Prior to TOD you should select a lower altitude, this will allow VNAV to descend on the VNAV descent profile. "

I will check next flight if i have right information vnav pth on fma.

I will back soon,

Have a nice day

Emmanuel