Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phidgets interfacing...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lforet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:21 am    Post subject: Phidgets interfacing... Reply with quote

Hello All,

I have been playing with the SimA system for a little bit now and I am starting to look at solutions for hardware interfacing. I just so happen to own a very old Phidgets 0/16/16 card from way back yonder. I have the phidgets 21 driver installed and it sees the card. I can activate an input and have it reflect in the control panel but can't figure out how to get SimA to see anything related to phidgets. I tried selecting "Enable Interface Plugins" in the SYSBoard Controller and it loaded the PololuMaestro.dll plugin but failed for the SA_PLUGIN_Phidgets.dll file.

I was wondering if I am on the right track here because I also heard that some people use a program called FS2Phidgets to interface into UIPC and just sync those offsets with SimA. That being said I can't seem to get access to this software at all. I can find a download link on mycockpits.org but they want registration and haven't fixed their CAPTACHA system. You can't even send them an email about it because it also uses that same system. So I may need someone to front me this program if that is the way to go.

One of you guys has to be using phidgets to do interfacing so how do you do it.

PS I am also eyeing that new VINT thing that they are doing and it looks nice but 20 bucks on no one supporting it for a while.
lforet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?!?!

Someone has to know how to interface phidgets to SimA. Even if the answer is no, I have to buy FDS cards, I just need to know for sure if I can use this card that was already here.
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 'plugin' system was added to the SYSBoard Controller to allow dll's to be written to provide support to additional hardware.
So far there is one for Pololu and one for the old EPIC system.

I put together a quick Phidgets dll for testing purposes. It was pretty basic but worked ok here.. so not sure why you're getting a plugin load error.
I'll try it on another computer here... have you downloaded and installed the last Phidgets21 drivers.?

A newer Phidgets22 plugin is currently being written for an 8/8/8 style card (Ins,Outs and Analogs).

But until that's ready a SYS Board is really the way to go.
Very reliable and direct support in the SYSBoard controller.
lforet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkHastings wrote:
A 'plugin' system was added to the SYSBoard Controller to allow dll's to be written to provide support to additional hardware.
So far there is one for Pololu and one for the old EPIC system.

I put together a quick Phidgets dll for testing purposes. It was pretty basic but worked ok here.. so not sure why you're getting a plugin load error.
I'll try it on another computer here... have you downloaded and installed the last Phidgets21 drivers.?

A newer Phidgets22 plugin is currently being written for an 8/8/8 style card (Ins,Outs and Analogs).

But until that's ready a SYS Board is really the way to go.
Very reliable and direct support in the SYSBoard controller.

Thanks a bunch Mark. That is what I suspected. I did install Phidgets 22 at first. I had since uninstalled that and installed the Phidgets 21 driver and it looks like it is still broken. I had SimA installed on another computer and tried to load Phidgets 21 on that one and run the SysBoard Controller with the same result. That makes much more sense if it was just quickly thrown together. If there is an intention to support that better down the road I may be interested in keeping to phidgets (I have a year or two before I have enough budget to really commit to building panels unless my POC takes off (See what I did there Smile) But if FDS SysBoards are the only intended ones then so be it and I will aim for those. It will delay my testing a bit as I gather funds for one of those but I would rather invest in what is supported than hacking it together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: