Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Networking/Static IP Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Networking/Static IP Help Reply with quote

I'm confused regarding the logic of static IP addresses/home networks and would appreciate any guidance. I have static IP connecting the P3D computer with the Sim-A computer. Recently had to change internet providers which resulted in no internet through these two computers. Can someone dumb it down for me and tell me what needs changed? Not positive if I've provided all of the necessary information so please ask as needed.

I have a non flight sim pc that's connected to the internet that shows an IPV4 address as: 192.168.1.208. IP4 default gateway is 192.168.1.254.

Sim-A server IP is 192.168.1.217. P3D IPV4 is 192.168.1.213 and default gateway is 192.168.1. on both.

So, I'm looking to keep static IP for both P3D and Sim-A computer but also add the "non flight sim computer" mentioned above to that network for Active Sky, etc. and be able to have internet connection for all three.

Thanks in avdance.

Mark K
Banananav

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark

On your SA and P3D pcs you appear to have a default gateway address of 192.168.1 - should be 192.168.1.254 , or is this just a typo ?

I don't know your set-up but what has worked for me for years is:

3 PC hard wired into the same hub/router and a laptop connected by wi-fi

ALL have hard IP addresses, set well away from the IPAD ones. All have the same default gateway address.

This also enables you to mount all the drives to each other - something you have to do with W10 as homegroups have been done away with (see my previous post on this subject).

However this is not necessary for SA as it uses WideClient to do this.

You do need on each pc to go into the network and sharing centre to enable unrestricted, and not password protected, sharing.

Rgds

Chris

Jetmax 737 & TQ
P3D 4.4
MarkHastings

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the only thing that looks wrong is the Gateway address...
should be 192.168.1.254
markek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, that did the trick. Appreciate the guidance.

I have been unable to get the Web Dispatcher to work though. I'm using the 3rd PC (per my original post for this purpose). The Web Server is enabled and I've entered the server IP address (192.168.1.217) as follows http://192.168.1.217:10080/setup.html

The PC sharing is on and no passwords.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Mark
Jetcos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Sim-A Server, top title bar. "SYSTEM" then WEB IOS the IOS will open on that PC. You need that exact address on the 3rd PC.

WEBIOS
# Web based Instructor Station added. Ideally suited to iPad or other similar tablets with a Web Browser.
To Enable it,

1) Close the Server.exe
2) Set this option in the SERVER.INI file:
// Allows System control via web page
ENABLE_WEB_SERVICE=1
3) Run the Server
4) Open a web browser and goto url :
http://<server ip>:10080/setup.html
ie (http://192.168.0.10:10080/setup.html)

Should work.

Steve
markek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. It was all set like your instructions but I rechecked the file sharing and maybe when that closed previously it didn't save all of the correct settings. Probably tried it 15X before asking for help, but that's always the way it goes. ...
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: