Radios initial setup (RESOLVED)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

ABQ737EXP

Radios initial setup (RESOLVED)

Post by ABQ737EXP »

Hello all,

I am setting up my Nav and Com radios and have not been able to get the Sysboard interface to detect them. I am using the FDS-ES-Controller. (I've also attempted a single radio without it) The back lighting is wired and working. The computer detects the Ethernet controller and I am able to connect to the network through that connection so it works. The lights on the computer ethernet port and FDS-ES-Controller blink as though they are communicating. On the back of the radios there is two 5v 4 pin connectors and the Ethernet connection. Should there be more or is that a correct setup? I've also tried on two computers

Is there a manual for the radios and FDS-ES-Controller?

Any help would be awesome.
Thanks everyone.
Jamie
Last edited by ABQ737EXP on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie C.
Albuquerque 737 Experience
On YouTube and Facebook

pcos
Site Admin

Post by pcos »

Emailed you a link Jamie.
Peter

ABQ737EXP

Post by ABQ737EXP »

Got the manual from Peter (Thank you) Realized I was missing the tekworks driver for the Ethernet board. Got that installed and now in the sysboard interface it say "hostname found" and says IIT-ECON-8 but it is not highlighted and does not show any radios connected to it. I need to get some sleep but I will work on it later and update as I make progress

Im getting an error that states: sysboard controller: server not responding. I am also not able to access the configuration page for the controller, simply states page not found.

ABQ737EXP

Post by ABQ737EXP »

So the solution for this was the fact that I overlooked the need for a router in the network. I've been using just a switch which has worked well up to this point minus a few inconveniences like not being able to connect remotely from a tablet for the IOS but as soon as I added it the radios starting working very well. Now I've got a bunch of new network issues. If I can't figure it out I will make a new thread. But as far as the radios go They work great.

-jamie