Cold & Dark (Resolved)

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

ehsjoar

Cold & Dark (Resolved)

Post by ehsjoar »

Hi Guys,

I just upgraded from 1.80 -> 1.90 -> 1.93 and I am having some issues with starting up the 777 from cold & dark mode. This is what I do

1) Click "Cold and Dark" on the server
2) On the Overhead I click Externa power
3) On OH click Primary External Power

Now only the Lower Display / MFD lights up. The other displays (PFD, EICAS, CDU) never lights up like the use to in version 1.80. I have even continued with starting up the API and nothing. Only if I click "Quick Start" followed by "Cold and Dark" the above steps fire up all the displays.

Did anybody else have this issue? What can be done to troubleshoot?

Cheers,

// Jonas

MarkHastings

Post by MarkHastings »

The 777 power up is a little different to the 737.

The Battery switch should be selected to ON.
Then a form of AC power is required to boot the displays. (ie APU, or Ext Power)
Once AC is connected the DEU's start to boot up and a sequence of tests are run.

On the Server > Control Panel : you have the option of selecting "Start with GND Services Available".
This is handy to select for a slightly quicker startup, otherwise you will need to wait for the APU to start.

On the Server > Aircraft Details > Avionics Options : There are two options.
"Display Electronics Units - Boot Time" - (secs) This is the time it take from connecting AC power to when the display are available.
In the sim we usually keep this fairly short, but in reality it take a few minutes for the the displays to boot up.

Under that option is "Play 777 BIT Sounds" - These are the test shounds and fan noises heard during boot up.

Version 1.94 is also available, so I'd advise upgrading to that to ensure you're running the latest logic.
http://www.sim-avionics.com/downloads/S ... 201.94.exe
Mark Hastings
Software Developer
Sim-Avionics

omera60

Post by omera60 »

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hijack the thread but do we know the exact minutes for the 737 DU startup?

ehsjoar

Post by ehsjoar »

MarkHastings wrote:The 777 power up is a little different to the 737.

The Battery switch should be selected to ON.
Then a form of AC power is required to boot the displays. (ie APU, or Ext Power)
Once AC is connected the DEU's start to boot up and a sequence of tests are run.

On the Server > Control Panel : you have the option of selecting "Start with GND Services Available".
This is handy to select for a slightly quicker startup, otherwise you will need to wait for the APU to start.

On the Server > Aircraft Details > Avionics Options : There are two options.
"Display Electronics Units - Boot Time" - (secs) This is the time it take from connecting AC power to when the display are available.
In the sim we usually keep this fairly short, but in reality it take a few minutes for the the displays to boot up.

Under that option is "Play 777 BIT Sounds" - These are the test shounds and fan noises heard during boot up.

Version 1.94 is also available, so I'd advise upgrading to that to ensure you're running the latest logic.
http://www.sim-avionics.com/downloads/S ... 201.94.exe
Thanks Mark,

As always you flood me with info I did not know about. Much appreciated.

So I tried all this on 1.93 and nothing. I will upgrade and try again.

>> On the Server > Control Panel : you have the option of selecting "Start with GND Services Available"
Yes, I checked that now but the OverHead still comes up without “Ext Power 1� on. Why is that? What rules here? Is it the checkbox on the server or how the Initial_State.ini looks? That file has parameters like:
EXT_PRI_PWR_AVAIL=0
EXT_PRI_PWR_SELECTED=0
EXT_SEC_PWR_AVAIL=0
EXT_SEC_PWR_SELECTED=0

In any case, I now do this:
* Hit ELECTRICAL BATTERY => On
* Hit Ext Power 1 => ON
At this point on 1.80 it use to be that the “Primary Ext Pwr� would light up but it is not in 1.93
* Hit “PRIMARY Ext Pwr�

Now only the Lower Display MFD lights up (well the MCP as well). I wait 10-15 minutes and nothing. I try turn APU on and wait another 10 minutes, nothing.

In the Server I have “Display Electronics Units – Boot Time� set to 5. I also added the “Play 777 Bite Sounds�.

I will upgrade to the 1.94 version, try again and report back.

By the way, I have another interesting problem with the push back truck refusing to release after it has pushed me back, turned and removed the pin. I will open a separate thread for that though as it makes sense.

Thanks again,

// Jonas

ehsjoar

Post by ehsjoar »

Okay, 1.94 same deal. However, I did uncheck both "Load Initial State: Startup/Powerup" and now it is working. It takes 5s and then all displays come on, just like expected. I guess there is something in Initial_State.ini that is not good.

Problem solved.

Thanks again,

// Jonas