Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difficulties with FDS ELEC panel for 737NG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephenbalmer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Difficulties with FDS ELEC panel for 737NG Reply with quote

I purchased the ELEC panel for the overhead of my 737ng build a while ago. It did work at the time of receiving and testing, however that was testing practically the individual component. Now that I am getting back to my build, when trying to include the ELEC panel in the myriad of other components, I am finding performance very erratic.

It is working ok, not defective – when I strip off all the other USB components and hook up through my Prosim737 V2, all is great.

However when I then add all the other USB components, it works until I perform a reboot and then after reboot, the ELEC panel refuses to power up until I strip off all the other USB connections, reboot Prosim737 again and then it is happy.

I have tried connecting it through the USB on the back of my PC and on various powered USB hubs and always the behaviour is as above. It is like it doesn’t like coming online when it is not alone, but when I bring it online as a lone connection and then add the other USB components, it does stay up… very strange.

Any ideas and are there any manuals for this component in case i am missing something? Thanks!
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen,

There is a manual but it only covers the assignments and pin-outs for the module. Not much is required.

Try running the ProSim "Hardware Connector" on another PC and plug the ELEC USB in that PC?

If you are connecting numerous USB devices into the P3D computer you may have reached your limit. Also make sure that you have the Power Management settings unchecked in the Device Manager/USB's.
stephenbalmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, I shall try the USB hub power management settings as well to resolve this.

In addition, could you possibly send me any design information on the measurements of the ELEC panel - i need to 3d print the mask for the overhead display unit and thought if you had the measurements of the digital display positions, it would be better than measuring?

Thanks, Steve.
GDR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen,

Also a good thing is to clear unused devices from the device manager. Unplugging an plugging in again on another usb port adds the device again, as new device. Windows has a limit of 127 normally. So they say . Wink

I ran in some similar situation. Cleaning up resolved it for me.
It are the ones with a grey icon.
Check below link....

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/show-non-present-devices-windows

Full B737-800 DSTD
ALL FDS & 0.01% OEMs
Sim-Avionics V1.94
P3D v4.5
FSUIPC v5.151

What goes up, must eventually come down!
http://www.flightsim737ng.be
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: