Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Needed Nosewheel Steering and several items (Resolved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
787 George

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Help Needed Nosewheel Steering and several items (Resolved) Reply with quote

I had to reload P3D and Sim-A and I have several items not working that I need help with please.

1. Nose wheel steering stops working around 40-60 knts.
In the Sim-A config server I have the Null zone set to 16383 in Nose Wheel Takeoff Config Trigger The rudder is calibrated in Windows 10.

2. Landing Gear Handle does not extend or retract gear.
It is assigned in the Sys Board Controller input assignments i.e Gear Off, Gear Up and Gear Down
Interestingly, when you re-position the handle, you get the sound playing for the gear moving but they do not move. The keyboard command G does cycle the gear. In Sys board server config, Flight Controls 1 tab the Gear is ticked as external

3. Autobrakes are inoperative- They are also assigned in the sys board controller input assignments .

4. Speed Brakes work but the Speed Brake Arm and Deployed lights do not function. The lights are assigned in the Sys Board Controller output assignments.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been trying 10 days to get these working with no luck.
Thanks
George
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George

Nose wheel steering is meant to stop at about 60kts
I think it "starts to get less and less effective" form about 20kts and no control at 60kts. You are meant to be control direction with Rudder

Michael
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landing Gear

In the Server, do you have Internal or External Gear selected?
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autobrakes

Check calibration of your brake pedals.
MichaelYSSY

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed Brake announciator.

Thats a tricky one too.
Pretty much not supposed to come on while on the ground (unless there is a conflict between position of lever and speed brakes)
In the air (only) it's meant to light up when SB ids armed.

Michael
Cheers
787 George

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelYSSY wrote:
George

Nose wheel steering is meant to stop at about 60kts
I think it "starts to get less and less effective" form about 20kts and no control at 60kts. You are meant to be control direction with Rudder

Michael

Spot on Michael but I can have full rudder input the opposite direction of the drift and still go off the runway, I know the rudder is working because as soon as I break ground I'm in a crab.
787 George

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelYSSY wrote:
Landing Gear

In the Server, do you have Internal or External Gear selected?

External is selected Michael. I'm pretty sure that's what the Sim-A docs call for in the JetMax.
787 George

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelYSSY wrote:
Autobrakes

Check calibration of your brake pedals.

Michael, sorry forgot to mention this I do NOT have toe brakes setup or assigned. The hall effect sensors went out about 2 years ago and I haven't had the cash to get them fixed. I just use a button to apply both breaks at the same time (Period command)
787 George

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelYSSY wrote:
Speed Brake announciator.

Thats a tricky one too.
Pretty much not supposed to come on while on the ground (unless there is a conflict between position of lever and speed brakes)
In the air (only) it's meant to light up when SB ids armed.

Michael
Cheers

Michael I suspect there may be a sensor that reads the Speed Brake handle position that could be the problem here.. Steve or Mark may have to answer this one.
I appreciate all the thoughts and help with the troubleshooting!
George
Jetcos

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiller is assigned in FSUIPC, takes over the steering on the ground if assigned. As the speed increases the Tiller reduces effectiveness and the rudder takes over. This is covered in the FSUIPC manual by Peter Dowson.

Gear, make sure you see the assignments actually show up in the SYSBoard Controller. It is also possible you have saved teh flight but the L/G is broken from high speeds. Create a new flight from scratch and save. Test again, keep the speed low during tests.

Brakes, check that there are no assignments and the Sim-A Server is showing "0" in the Flight Control Tab. If it sees a brake input it will release the AB.

Speedbrake, make sure you create a small null zone when you set the Armed position. Place the lever on each side of the armed notch and set.

Make sure the FSUIPC assignments are "Direct to FSUIPC" (the 1st choice in FSUIPC)
787 George

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, I'll work on these and report back. I appreciate your time.

George
787 George

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
I've made little to no progress on all the problems. The little progress was in the rudder, I re-calibrated it and it's not pulling to the left as before.

I tried a different model of the 737 (from Marks aircraft of course) and even reinstalled them but the gear continues to not work. The assignments are correct in the Sysboard controller.

Brakes are showing Zero.

Speed brake, I used the JetMax Throttle config utility program, do I need to do it in FSUIPC instead?

Yep, everything is in send direct to FSUIPC in the Axis Assignments.

And ALL the Control Axis assignments are clear, do the button assignments need to be clear also? I don't recall this to be necessary.

Thanks again for your time.
George
787 George

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed
I did a reinstall of Sim-Avionics and it looks like everything is now working again.
George
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: