Custom Sim Parts - Smooth Movement - RESOLVED

This section of the Sim-A Forum is for support issues.
Only a few Clear Rules Here:
1. No Rants. Rants will be deleted and the poster contacted. All focus here is to assist in the spreading of information to better assist all Sim-A users. Most of the people helping are not paid employees.
2. Be Polite. We want all Sim-A users to experience the fantastic elements that make Sim-A what it is. Being able to communicate here will allow the info to be the focus.
3. Time. We do not have someone on the Forum 24/7 so please allow members to jump in to help when needed.
4. Most important. This is not a "Issue" forum. If you feel there is an issue then please email support@sim-Avionics.com and Mark will review that. This is a commercial product and erroneous reports do harm.

Moderators: Jetcos, MarkHastings

SWeker

Custom Sim Parts - Smooth Movement - RESOLVED

Post by SWeker »

Good Day,

Thanks to previous posts here, I was easily able to interface my new Custom Sim Parts gauges with Sim-A. Question though, I've read that they are very smooth, but my gauges are slightly choppy.

Is there a setting or configuration I need to adjust to make them move smoother? I'm running Sim-A 1.95. See the attached video.

https://youtu.be/HvvsnY_d7Gc

Thanks, Steve
Last edited by SWeker on Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Wekarchuk
www.wekarchuk.com
facebook.com/sweker

Mac737

Post by Mac737 »

Hi Steve,
I am very interested in your post as I too have CustomSimParts gauges.

To help you first, i can confirm that mine are indeed very jerky and as far as i can tell that is "normal". There is no smoothing option as far as I know, although you can slow needle speed down in SYSboard software and slow down acceleration in Pololu Maestro software......helps a bit.

Basic difference betwen Flight Illusions and Custom Sim gauges:

Flight Illusion: great motors, smooth movement, quiet, no background lighting but with crap "front" lighting (unrealistic)
CustomSim: noisy motors, jerky movement, fantastic background lighting (realistic).

I have a CustomSim twin needle flaps gauge and a brake pressure gauge.
Got brake gauge working, but as you may have seen from my posts i have never had flaps gauge working properly with good calibration......Mark has acknowledged that its due to a Sim-Av Issue but I haven't seen a solution/fix as yet (even with v.1.961).

Do you have the CustomSim twin needle flaps gauge and does it calibrate for you??

Jim
FDS 737-800 FULL DSTD, FDS 2x O/H, FDS PEDESTAL, LINKED RUDDERS, 737 SHELL
P3D v5.0 HotFix 1
SIM-AV v.1.964
FSUIPC v.6.08
FSC LINKED YOKES
CFY MOTORIZED TQ (GOLD) v.3
3x OPTOMA 4K PROJECTORS & NATVIS 220deg DISPLAY
IPECO 737 CAPT & FO SEATS

SWeker

Post by SWeker »

After some research and tweaking, I'm happy to report that Sim-A and CustomSimParts gauges are SMOOTH!

-Within the Maestro Controller, set both Speed and Acceleration to 1 (be sure to apply the changes and save the configuration)

-Then open the Sim-A SysController config file, and scroll down to the plugin section. For the gauges using CustomSimParts (i.e. Duct Pressure), set the speed also to 1. Save the config file

DONE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFkkBgo ... e=youtu.be
Steve Wekarchuk
www.wekarchuk.com
facebook.com/sweker