Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Sim Parts - Smooth Movement - RESOLVED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SWeker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Custom Sim Parts - Smooth Movement - RESOLVED Reply with quote

Good Day,

Thanks to previous posts here, I was easily able to interface my new Custom Sim Parts gauges with Sim-A. Question though, I've read that they are very smooth, but my gauges are slightly choppy.

Is there a setting or configuration I need to adjust to make them move smoother? I'm running Sim-A 1.95. See the attached video.

https://youtu.be/HvvsnY_d7Gc

Thanks, Steve

Last edited by SWeker on Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mac737

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
I am very interested in your post as I too have CustomSimParts gauges.

To help you first, i can confirm that mine are indeed very jerky and as far as i can tell that is "normal". There is no smoothing option as far as I know, although you can slow needle speed down in SYSboard software and slow down acceleration in Pololu Maestro software......helps a bit.

Basic difference betwen Flight Illusions and Custom Sim gauges:

Flight Illusion: great motors, smooth movement, quiet, no background lighting but with crap "front" lighting (unrealistic)
CustomSim: noisy motors, jerky movement, fantastic background lighting (realistic).

I have a CustomSim twin needle flaps gauge and a brake pressure gauge.
Got brake gauge working, but as you may have seen from my posts i have never had flaps gauge working properly with good calibration......Mark has acknowledged that its due to a Sim-Av Issue but I haven't seen a solution/fix as yet (even with v.1.961).

Do you have the CustomSim twin needle flaps gauge and does it calibrate for you??

Jim
FSUIPC v.5.152
FSC LINKED YOKES
CFY MOTORIZED TQ (GOLD) v.3
3x OPTOMA 4K PROJECTORS & NATVIS 220deg DISPLAY
IPECO 737 CAPT & FO SEATS
SWeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some research and tweaking, I'm happy to report that Sim-A and CustomSimParts gauges are SMOOTH!

-Within the Maestro Controller, set both Speed and Acceleration to 1 (be sure to apply the changes and save the configuration)

-Then open the Sim-A SysController config file, and scroll down to the plugin section. For the gauges using CustomSimParts (i.e. Duct Pressure), set the speed also to 1. Save the config file

DONE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFkkBgoZXbo&feature=youtu.be
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Sim-Avionics Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: