Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Depth of A320 glare shield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jppa320

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Depth of A320 glare shield Reply with quote

I am finalizing the precise dimensions of my A320 MIP frame and I would like that some builder more advanced than myself, tell me the dimension between the plane of the MIP (tilted by 14) and the front of the glare shield, measured perpendicularly to the MIP plane at the base of the glare shield. In other words, how much the glare shield overflows in the tail direction from the MIP plane.
Thank you in advance
GMM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Dimensions Reply with quote

Check this page .....

http://www.simpit.de/a320dim/page_02.htm

Very Happy

Good luck

George,
jppa320

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, I know this page, but the dimension I am looking for is NOT on this page.
okan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

As far as i understand your question, you are actually refering to this dimension right ? http://www.simpit.de/a320dim/a320co036.jpg

Okan
jppa320

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you GMM and okan for taking the time to answer me. I have had a second look to the picture you kindly indicated but I am afraid it is not what I am looking for. The picture you have referring gives the heigth and depth toward the window. Instead, I am looking to the dimension in the nose-tail axis between the MIP plane and the front of glareshield taken at the BOTTOM of the glareshield (preferably measured perpendicularly to the MIP plane which is tilted by 14 from vertical).

Also, it seems that this plate which links the top of the MIP and the bottom of the glareshield, is tilted by a little bit more than the 14 of the MIP (angle with MIP plane greater than 90). Lookin carefully at a very large picture I have at home, I guess that it is about 20. Can you give me the dimension and confirm the tilt angle ?
okan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Could you please provide a sketch or a photo with some indications.

Okan
jppa320

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have drawn a side view of my cockpit cut from nose to tail. I hope this makes it clearer.

http://jppa320.free.fr/mipframeprov.jpg
Gorchi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, maybe this picture could help You?

Some measurements are in my home language - Slovenian but with a little triangulation You might get the dimensions and angles You need.

Btw, Peter, can You please tell me, if the general dimensions of the panels for A320 are accurate to let's say 2-4 cm's or not? I know that You have to change them a little bit to be appropriate for the monitors, what is normal, but otherwise?

Best regards,
http://slovenia.avsim.net
Slovenija Scenery for FS:
http://users.volja.net/slo2004
jppa320

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely good drawing, Goran ! Thanks a lot. Is this official measurements or figures that you built yourself ?

Anyway I shall keep preciously these drawing for next phases.

This drawing shows 44,5 cm for pedestal height / central MIP base, which is what I use also.
The central MIP piece from FDS measures 40.5 cm in height, which does not comply with your figures (38 cm). I do not know which one is accurate. Anyway I have to take the FDS piece as it is.

The dimension I was looking for is 26 cm on your drawing.

About the angle, your figure shows a square angle (90) which is not what I see on the giant poster of an A340 cockpit that I got directly from Airbus. According to what I see on the picture the angle seems much more open (probably 105 to 115 ) to facilitate MIP vision from a relatively high eye postion.
Let us see what the other builders have done in this area.
I have also posted a mail to P.Cos. He will surely have a experienced advice.
Gorchi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
these measurements were taken on Adria Airways A320 S5-AAA. Some measurements could not be 100% accurate as for example the inclination of MIP. I tried to make them as accurate as I can Wink
The angles and other proportions are not accurate. I will try to make this drawing cleaner using Pro/E and then I can make some more measurements precise.
Also, as soon as our group will have next meeting, I will try to make measurements of FDS panels and incorporate them on the cockpit model.
When I shall complete the model is currently unknown Very Happy

Best regards,
http://slovenia.avsim.net
Slovenija Scenery for FS:
http://users.volja.net/slo2004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: