Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Airbus builders only!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warvet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Airbus builders only! Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Can anyone be so kind as to create a small PM FCU tutorial from maybe KLAX to KLAS or something and go step by step from gate to CDU programming to FCU setup and usage to CL to CRZ to DES to ILS landing setup to gates. That would be terrific and Im sure it will help alot of guys out. I just need to make sure Im doing everything correctly. Thanx in advance Very Happy

Tim
A340
Canada
bwr014

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tim, if you dont make any unsuspected touch downs on airports that where not in your FMC or find tree's on a altitude above 1000 ft above ground... i assum you would do fine.. Laughing

Dont know what you mean with small tutorial but the way you mention it here i guess you better can talk about a complete book Razz

On the PM site there is a small step by step Tutorial about how to setup your FMC ... well at least to get something in that FMC Laughing

I could give it a try to make a setup but iam also not a complete expert in that FMC ... i know some basic things to get my flightplan in but there are somany options that iam already suprised it already works..Smile But maybe we can do something together and see if we can get something up with the information we have both at this moment?

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutiuons.com
warvet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds terrific Frans,
Im sure we can put something together Smile I'm having some trouble getting the FCU to work the way it should so I just thought a step by step tutorial would help. Let me go read the info on Enricos site regarding the CDU.

Tim
A340
Canada
okan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in Frans Cool

I also need such a tutorial

Best Regards

Okan

www.a320project.ch
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: PSS A340 Reply with quote

Why not use the PSS documentation?
There are tutorial flights in there that should be very accurate.
This is all available on the PSS page I understand..
I have emailed you two the Tutorial I have here.
Its likely perfect.
If you are building the A340 I would highly suggest that while the construction is on that you look at the PSS A340. Its very inexpensive and you will learn a huge amount about the systems and procedures.
Same for PMDG on the NG and the B747..
These "Desktop" packages are fantastic learning tools for all of us..
From there we translate that knowledge to what we are doing with Magenta.
PC
warvet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, yessssssss PSS what a great idea never thought of that. Very Happy Im on it now. Thanx again.

Tim
A340
Canada
Norman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

One of my other hats is PSS support. Email me if you have yet to buy the A340.
warvet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Norman,
I did buy the whole Pss 340 about a year ago but was very unhappy Sad the planes constantly kept crashing on the ground or acting extremely poorly in the air. Maybe you can shed some light for me.

Tim
A340
Canada
Norman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fly it pretty much 20+ hours a week with no real dramas. yes, as a desktop app it has limitations but great for procedures.

I will email you and we can see what issues you are having.
Gorchi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARVET wrote:
Thanx Norman,
I did buy the whole Pss 340 about a year ago but was very unhappy the planes constantly kept crashing on the ground or acting extremely poorly in the air. Maybe you can shed some light for me.

Tim,
if it makes You any easier, then I must say until I got a little bit acquainted with FCU and MCDU, I had problems also. But when You know how to program FCU and MCDU, then You can fly all Airbus family realy easy. It is true, that A319 and A318 are a little bit harder to fly due to short fuselage and thus lower momentum that horizontal fin creates.
Anyway Airbus is almost too easy to fly as long as hydraulics are working. Then it flies more or less like a stone Sad And A330 is harder to land than A340 due to lower drag (it lacks two engines).

For programming the route in MCDU it is better to look a in a PSS tutorial You've got from Peter. My opinion is, that it is a little easier to enter plan in Airbus's MCDU although unfortunatelly You have to enter the route in MCDU point by point, not by airway from previous point to the point where next route begins as in Boeing's case (I fly also PMDG Boeings ad Level-D767).

In MCDU don't forget to enter also zero fuel weight, block (or fuel) weight. In real world (as far as I know), pilots enter V speeds regarding to the airport, pressure and maybe some other conditions. I have asked a friend to get a copy for LJLJ... In PSS You get these V speeds simply by pressing right mouse button click on the buttons LSK1, LSK2 and LSK3. Also very important is the flap setting and trim entered in MCDU, I usually enter flap 1 and +2 for trim for A320.

If You have programmed this in MCDU then You probably got almost all. There are some other finesses You need but generally this is it. Before takeoff dont forget to enter correct pressure and initially altitude. Now You can set thrust to either FLEX (but You must enter flex temperature in MCDU) or TO/GA. When You hear Vr then gently pull the stick and aircraft should raise the nose. At the appropriate angle release the stick and the aircraft should gently take off. After You have climbed to altitude approx. 200m AGL You can turn on the autopilot. But before You do this, press the button whit which You set the altitude (You should get a point right to the altitude preset) and now press AP1 button. If everythig is okay then the computer now flies the aircraft. Of course don't forget to retract landing gear, retract flaps at appropriate speeds and so on. And that's all...

Hope it helps!
Regards,
http://slovenia.avsim.net
Slovenija Scenery for FS:
http://users.volja.net/slo2004
warvet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goran,
Thanx for that great Very Happy explanation, it was very helpful.

Tim
A340
Canada
bwr014

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim when you want to go up you need to pull the stick...Razz

Just thinking and refer to your other post about Airbus making safe landings i assum you didnt count all your crashes in that Razz

Succes Tim with the programming try to do one to EHAM Smile

gr.

Frans M
frans@flightdecksolutions.com
Norman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Airbus, whilst slightly different, you can enter a waypoint and then click the LSK to the right and then enter in airway/exit_waypoint into the via/to

This does the same thing.
Gorchi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norman, thanks. I must try this because on long airway entering waypoint is tedious work. Thanks!

Tim, if You need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
http://slovenia.avsim.net
Slovenija Scenery for FS:
http://users.volja.net/slo2004
pdpo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: difference between flying PSS and project magenta Reply with quote

I flew about 1 year (almost daily) with PSS a320/a330 and liked it a lot.
No problems at all experienced except during heavy turbulence. Plane some
times got irrecoverable. Since several months I have been building a flight deck of A320 (still in infant stage) based on PM running over 4 networked PC's. I can assure you the implementation of AB FCU / MCDU are still buggy.
I was disappointed starting flying PM since so many problems occur and those problems dont get solved even they are flagged in the forum there.
I still find the PSS airbus implementation much more stable. But PSS doesnt
allow access to internals for hardware steering.
I give an example.
When flying airbus under selected heading. Press DIR and give a direct waypoint. Heading remains selected in PM and heading goes to managed mode in the PSS.
When autopilot off, autothrottle on, descending towards the runway. Set new altitude in the FCU and set vertical speed +1000. PM messes up and starts adding throttle leaving the selected speed setting and increasing even passing overspeed.
The problem is i'm not a pilot. So i dont know how the FCU should react
in most cases so I compare always with the PSS implementation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: