Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
Technical Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Systems Software for Airbus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorchi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Systems Software for Airbus Reply with quote

Hello!
A small but important question. Peter mailed us, that he has some problems with systems software, that was produced by HCSDT, which is now known as AST (Aircraft Simulation Technologies). Since Project Magenta has a software for PFD, ND, upper status display and MCDU, the question arises what software should one use for overhead and lower ECAM display? Any thoughts?

Best regards,
Goran
bwr014

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gorchi

PM system could be a option for the Overhead and your lower ECAM is still in the software of ABGC of PM you just need to active it by CTRL + M and mark in the menu the option lower ECAM on....

gr.

Frans M
pcos
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: HCSDT Reply with quote

No problems with the HCSDT Team or the software. They simply decided to change things and are now selling the software on their own.
We wish them well!
PC
Gorchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
Thank You both. My opinion right now is that HCSDT has more things to offer for lower price. But I don't know how well the software works, is it stable, how well the systems are implemented and do they miss a lot of things?
Frans, I saw You have provided offsets for the AST software on their web. What are Your experiences with mixing PM and AST software?

Best regards,
Goran
A320

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my POV if PM do my overhead and the pfd/nd ecam etc then they can sort it out support wise if it doesnt work but if you use HCSDT stuff (which i used for 8 months and didnt have a problem with...) then your on your on in terms of getting it to work with PM unless they help out?

Andrew
A320 Builder
We Love Chad Campaign
bwr014

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gochi,

I have them both here and i also test them both i have already worked out the offsets for AST in FSbus and i am also working on a PM version as well but that is a bit of a different approch with fsbus but you also can use any other way of electronics ...they both build on offset structure.

Both work ok here and support is also by both no problem as well.

At this moment iam working on my overhead to wire up all the things and that is a nice piece of wires to handle and i only did 100 now and still 10x more to go i am afraid lol...

PM and AST dont bite each other but are based on different approches to get things working. They dont see each other because they use different offsets.

gr.

Frans M
Gorchi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You guys,
now it's up to our boss to decide; I will recommend him AST software.

Many thanks to all and best regards,
remont

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried both PMsystem and AST software.
I recommand you AST software. It is far more advanced than PMsys, it offer all FSUIPC offset you'll need. It run smooth.
It offer some extra feature I like with some sound setup over the network, a refuling panel, and a FAULT system that will be implemented in a few (PMsys does not plan to offer that).

Some offset in AST are provided to talk with PM softwares.

As PMsys, the AST system is in constant development so the features are not all present, but don't forget that : PMsys is developped on different Aircrafts system, AST do only airbus. Guess who will have the complete Avionic and logic system finished first ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: