Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feedback & question about the Elite CDU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mauriceb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Feedback & question about the Elite CDU Reply with quote

I just finished assembling the Elite CDU using the CDU-PSOne display holder from FDS. I followed the included instructions and managed the assembly without any major or even minor snags. The only part where I had some difficulty was in lining up the display text so that I could see the scratchpad area in the CDU screen. That was really a PM issue and my lack of experience with the TV Out connection on my ATI 9600 video card. So, basically, this was almost a no-brainer. The text on the Sony LCD display is certainly sharp enough for my liking and I am very happy overall with the results.

What I am wondering now is why some of you chose to do the VGA mod for the PSOne LCD as opposed to using the composite input. The only reason I can see for doing the VGA mod is if your video card does not have a TV out connection. Are there any other reasons why some of you chose that route? Just curious Confused

Thanks,
Maurice
dnoize

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the vga mod should give a sharper image. Although on some PSones that is true, in my case i see absolutely no difference between the modded one and the one using the TV-out.

Sony used different batches of screens for their PSone's. Some have have an instable image displaying still images (like the cdu screen) through the tv-in. In that case the VGA mod might help. If you hare happy with the picture i wouldnt go through all the trouble of modding it !

Stef
mauriceb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dnoize wrote:
If you are happy with the picture i wouldnt go through all the trouble of modding it !
Stef

Hi Stef,
I wasn't really thinking on changing that now. I was just curious because I couldn't see a good reason for doing the VGA mod. Now that you've confirmed there was no significant difference in your experience at least, I'm glad I saved myself the trouble Very Happy
Thanks,
Maurice
sbecker777

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the PSOne for my 777 with no VGA modding, after trying in vain to get the pins soldered correctly. When using an ATI Radeon 7000 card with TV out, the image is quite nice- I also have "bold" font enabled in the CDU prefs, and the image is very usable. My two cents: don't bother with the VGA mod.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: