Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fitting out with FDS panels!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D_SW1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Fitting out with FDS panels! Reply with quote

Hi Guys, thought I would show you the changes I plan to make to my aging simulator over the next six months or so, She was built back in 1996 and is getting on a bit, I have started to add some bits from FDS to improve the overall look, but I will at some stage rip it all out and start over, as I have made so many modifications its starting to look tatty. Anyway here goes

Here is a overall picture, shame about the light reflection on the MFDs that comes from the smoked plexi, you guys were taking about under another topic, be careful as its a right pain in the butt gives off a lot of glare! You can make out the new FDS CDU on the F/Os side.

More light glare on the MFDs but you can see my old pedestal panels, hand made Kevin Saker style I have a full set of FDS ones on the way, cant wait to fit them, It will look so much better when complete.

Now here is a nice shot of the FDS CDU, I have fitted a PSONE screen, just waiting for a cable to hook it up to the p.c, Its going to look good once on, Nice CDU Pete!

LOOK! How much better the new CDU looks, the old one is a Commandfliteware one with a 5 CRT monitor. However the old one did its job well and I was pleased with it, but time to move on..

Well here is the old MCP, I have got hold of a real one to fit in replacement,

Here is the MIP, all hand made, I need to fit a new one soon, I need to have a chat with Peter about getting one that will fit full sized MFDs Does anyone know if the one for the 19 is the biggest?

Just picture this fitted with a set of FDS panels, looking better every year!

Well here is a picture of my overhead, All hand made, not bad, I have only done this to keep the simulator flying, I will get around to getting a set of FDS panels for it and buld a new one, The FDS Knobs make it look very nice!!

A shot from the door, check out the old 757 style CB panel.

Well thats it from me, Ill post more pictures as I refit FDS panels so you can see the look improve.

www.f-d-t.com
www.virtualflight.co.uk
Don

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!
Are they real B777 yokes and seats?
If so where did you get your hands on them?
Reagrds
Don
D_SW1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comment Don,

Yes, I cheated! The seats are real, but not from a 777, they are from a Hawker Horizon, Lets just say I was in the right place at the right time; there were not many builders around when I picked them up and the media had a field day making fun of me with my simulator in my semi. Even bad press is good press sometimes as I ended up with some seats to replay the mini metro seats I had stared out with. I was VERY lucky!

However the yokes are not real, thank you for think they are! They were specially made for me, I cant say too much about them as It would not be nice to start advertising other peoples products on Peters site, I have the up most respect for the FDS team and love their new line of products, If you do a little research about me or a guy called Kevin Saker I am sure you will get on the right track.
www.f-d-t.com
www.virtualflight.co.uk
W9XE/Project777

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Glare issues Reply with quote

D_SW1:

I am surprised at the glare you are getting from smoke colored glass. I thought it would cut down glare instead of making it worse. This is why I posted the question. Yet some pictures show how it does work. Maybe small scale OK, large glare....

Sure like what you have done. Sim looks nice. I dream of that day when I can get mine to post like this.

Thanks
Tomlin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressed by the look and completeness of the sim considering these are home made panels!

I cant imagine how much better it will be for you when you get the new FDS panels.

Eric

Waycross, Ga (KAYS)
www.Hangar45.net
cwbalmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been lucky enough to fly half way across Asia in this baby and it is GREAT !!! I shudder to imagine how good it will be when Dazza refits new panels!!! Laughing

Administrator, Screenshotworld.com
Member of the Bentwaters Aviation Society
Volunteer at the Bentwaters Cold War Museum
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Karl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have been lucky enough to fly Darren's 777, and I must say the real seats give his Sim the edge Drool If anyone in the UK get the chance to visit Darren it can be a real inspiration. I now can say that I successfully landed the first 777 at Southend (EGMC} LOL! Great work Darren

All the Best,

Karl
B737NG Builder
D_SW1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys!
I'll keep you posted with my progress,

I am expecting my new panels to arrive very soon and I'll get to work right away.

I have to do some work on the computers too, got a virus somewere so need to clean up.
www.f-d-t.com
www.virtualflight.co.uk
D_SW1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last I have got the PSone screen working, please for give the picture, it looks sooooooo much better in the flesh!

All I have to do is fit a rubber grommet to hide that line of white light at the top of the screen, and use a bit of paint to get rid of the light bleed through the plastic, then wow factor!

I was surprised at the results of the psone screen, the viewing angle is very good, the FDS CDU looks the part and I am very pleased with how it has turned out, now it is installed temporarily until I improve the aisle stand and throttles. (note the messy sides)

It has had the thumbs up from an ATPLer!

Anyway, my new panels will arrive soon, so more updates to follow.

www.f-d-t.com
www.virtualflight.co.uk
D_SW1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not posted for a wile, but I thought I would show you what I have been up to, I got some of the Sig ped panels and here are the results.

I have loads to do for November, I hope to post some more pictures soon,

Enjoy

Please forgive some of the panels not being stright, I have to do some mods on the frame to fit them in, they are just resting on there for the photo.

www.f-d-t.com
www.virtualflight.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> FDS Support All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: