Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index Flightdeck Solutions
The place to meet and talk with fellow builders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AIRBUS CHECKS AND DOUBLE CHECKS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warvet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: AIRBUS CHECKS AND DOUBLE CHECKS Reply with quote

Just wanted to let those of you who were not aware of what happens in an Airbus after we takeoff the ground and the important checks that must be done.

Rotation, gear up 4 green!

1. Check the newspaper to see if we won in the loto
2. Check our hair in the mirror for the incoming flight attendent
3. Check out our F/O inquiry about a problem with his crossword puzzle
4. Check out the flight attendent Wink
5. Check to make sure we still have fuel
6. Then go back to more the important checks such as enough sugar and cream in the coffee

and at last Gear Down and Land.

Finally check out any possible dinner invitations from flight attendents.

Doors open

LUNCH! AHHHH the life of an Airbus Captain Smile

Tim
A340
Canada
mauriceb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: AIRBUS CHECKS AND DOUBLE CHECKS Reply with quote

Tim,
"Rotation, gear up 4 green!" Is the 4th light for the tailwheel which is needed to avoid tail strikes when the computers go haywire? Rolling Eyes All the other things you mentioned, I can do in the comfort of my living room (even the landing,... on my couch) and not in a cramped cockpit (even an Airbus cockpit) & a lot cheaper than the 70 odd thousand dollars you have spent in your sim. Now, for REAL excitement, come on over to the dark side, you know... the side where you actually get to FLY an airplane Razz

Maurice
ps. Sorry Peter, but the target was just too easy not to take a shot at.
warvet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO,
It was meant to be a target silly silly Maurice Smile I had to give you something to lift your spirits after seeing those Boeing crash statistics Wink I'm surprised the passengers haven't all switched over to Airbus after seeing the difference in safety records LOL Oh thats right they don't have a choice Sad (This is just a lil fun guys don't take it seriously unless your name is Maurice Smile)

Very Happy

Tim
A340
Canada
warvet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO,
It was meant to be a target silly silly Maurice Smile I had to give you something to lift your spirits after seeing those Boeing crash statistics Wink I'm surprised the passengers haven't all switched over to Airbus after seeing the difference in safety records LOL Oh thats right they don't have a choice Sad (This is just a lil fun guys don't take it seriously unless your name is Maurice Smile) And by the way Maurice when I come to visit you my friend I GET LEFT COUCH Wink

Very Happy

Tim
A340
Canada
mauriceb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARVET wrote:
LMAO,
It was meant to be a target silly silly Maurice Smile I had to give you something to lift your spirits after seeing those Boeing crash statistics Wink I'm surprised the passengers haven't all switched over to Airbus after seeing the difference in safety records LOL Oh thats right they don't have a choice Sad (This is just a lil fun guys don't take it seriously unless your name is Maurice Smile) And by the way Maurice when I come to visit you my friend I GET LEFT COUCH Wink

Very Happy

Tim
A340
Canada

Hmmm !!! Think Could Tim REALLY believe I fell for a cheap stunt like this? Rolling Eyes Would he not know I had to have known this was just bait? Could he not have been aware that I am smarter than this? Or was he just looking for a cheap thrill to offset those brainless hours over the Pacific? If only he could have something useful to do other than counting the bugs on his windshield that he killed shortly after take-off (the ones that were watching a few feet above ground & got too close because they didnít believe this was really an airplane that could fly d'oh! ).
I guess we'll never really know Think

Maurice
ps. I guess I must be a sucker for a good friendly fight Very Happy I MUST control my urges, I MUST... REALLY. By the way, sorry about the left couch. You can't have it since it's too close to the fridge & assorted 'beverages', and Boeing drivers need to remain sober, unlike .... well, no need to elaborate.
RocketRod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the 4th green was for the nose gear cocked at 90 degrees?

737NG Pit Builder
Some Assembly Required
warvet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ROD Very Happy

Tim
A340
Canada
brissydave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to go out with this sexy virgin airlines hosty.(while you were on subject)
god she was hot tim....i had to let her go as she had "issues", ie men drooling after her everywhere she went made her totally strange in the head....if i told her to take her clothes off she would anytime/anywhere but she would go grazy if i spoke to another woman...poor girl i hope she's better now....id have her back at the drop of a hat.
jackpilot
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you are on the subject....did you check her I/O system for possible wrong wiring, those thing happen... maybe she had native support for your phidget and that extra software was not necessary after all...look at Tim...he would have saved a lot of time with his overhead knowing that!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
warvet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy LOL @ Jack True Jack very True!

Dave you know the old saying as the flight attendents used to say "Coffee, Tea or me well in your case doesn't sound like she ever made ya coffee or tea lol Wink By the way your project looks awesome Dave, its really coming along, thanks for the piccys Smile

Tim
A340
Canada
brissydave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks tim Very Happy

not one wire in it yet but Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Flightdeck Solutions Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: